Prank on my boyfriend? Will it kill our relationship?

I want to do a prank where I:
- Tell him I'm not attracted to him and see him as a brother. Or;
- Tell him it's over.

We already have been together for 6 months and he is in the USMC.

• Yes it will.
  • It's a harmless joke.
He's deployed at the moment. Should I do this before his ship departs or during his time in field?

812

Most Helpful Guy

• This is the stupidest idea I've heard today. Even after it's revealed to be a prank, he'll never know when you're being serious about something important or if it's another idiotic "prank"

• If you've seen Youtube reaction videos, the couples end up forgiving each other. It's trivial of him to break up for a harmless, tiny little joke. Plus it won't affect his work or devastate him since he has been through so much in the marines. He is strong.

• I thought he would not be hurt since he is toughened up by the military? They encourage their people to show as less emotions as possible and be strong.

• He is still human and still loves you, cares for you, and wants to be with you. When he's alone halfway across the world doing the hardest and most dangerous work you can imagine, the thought of you will keep him going.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 11

• Don't do that while he's deployed, or before he leaves, or he'll be paranoid. Military gfs already cheat a lot, so he'd be paranoid about you cheating.
    Do it when he comes back. It's not a nice prank, but it's just a joke, if you both joke around with each other, it wouldn't be a problem.

• Ok, just read you wanna do it to test him... yeah, that's fucked up. Stop acting like a little kid. Honestly, now I hope it backfires and he breaks up with you, for acting like an idiot xD

• Lol bad troll xD

• I'm not trolling. Just because you don't agree with somebody, or you're offended with something, you cannot disqualify me as a troll.

• we should never raise a topic like this in a relationship...
    maybe it's just prank a joke. but it can affect the other person. during work and focusing on things... and sometimes these stupid pranks hurt a lot.

he can do the same with you at higher level.

maybe it will not affect him but trust me it will always in his mind... maybe this prank can become the reason for argument and fights...

• He never fights or argues. Everytime I try to fight or argue with him, he backs out and does not reply. Strangely enough, he's really passive despite being in the military. He won't break up with me for something so trivial. Look at Youtube reaction videos. Do they really break up after? Nope. Besides, my boyfriend is strong. He can take it after being in the marines. Something so small won't affect him, especially after I tell him it's just a joke afterwards. I know some trust and respect would be lost, but I want to see how much he really loves me. I actually did this once momths agao and he was shocked and confused. He did not describe his feelings but laughed and told me I'm really cruel. And I should never do that again because it's hard to lose someone that you already care about.

• that's good... but still... there are other pranks too...

• um id be pretty pissed and im generally a chill dude. if u want a prank jus go with the classic plastic wrap on a toilet gag. always fun 😜

• He won't end it permanently if I do it? Or it would damage his respect and trust for me?

• How can I ask him? Ask him what would he do if he loses me? But the answer would not be so authentic and staged if I do. Using this would be more authentic and actions are real.

• sit down with him say u have had a bit of a rough day get a little deep etc and ease it in to the convo.

• Girl that isnnois not a prank that is a crual joke. A prank would be putting a spider in his g

• Why is it cruel? He is trained in the military to be strong and not show emotions. He will be okay?

• Sure they train them but they don't teach him how to guard his heart. Which you would shatter with that comment.

• Yes, it will. Listen, offensive humor is wonderful but humor is okay in some contexts and not in others. If this dude is about to go to war, the last thing he needs is thinking his woman doesn't love him. If you do it you deserve to be alone because thats a terrible terrible thing to do to a person

• He's a strong person. He's in the marines and he has been through so much shit. He wouldn't be devastated or break up with me over one little harmless joke. Or would that affect his work. Especially if I tell him it's a joke right after. I did this once months ago and he was really shocked. Before laughing and saying it was cruel and to never do it again. He said he was really confused and told me it's hard to lose someone that they already care about. Besides, Youtube reaction ideos depict couples in that situation and they always end up togethet and not break up.

• You do what you want. I was just giving my opinion/thoughts on the matter.

• Just don't... it's better not to risk it.

• What about those reaction videos on Youtube? Nothing usually happens to those couples?

• @KnickKnack I actually did it with my ex once. It went horribly ugly and we actually broke up. He didn't react to it and stopped replying forever even after I told him it was a prank. I actually did this prank to my boyfriend once and he laughed, saying it was cruel because it's hard to say goodbye to someone you're starting to care for. He told me never to do it again. But it has been months ago. He may lose a lot of trust and respect for me though.

• Why would he be sad even after I told him it is a joke?

• That's not a very clever prank ding dong

Back to the drawing board

• He went vegan for me. Is that a good thing?

• Yes it will

• jarheads are hot heads

• because it would affect his job and his mood

• Not if I tell him straight after that it is a prank?

• What should I tell him in the video? I mean, I won't do this in person since he is deployed at the moment.

• ohhh... do it as you wish like involve a male friend or so

• Do it during to nuke your relationship so it won't be inhabitable for centuries to come.

• He won't give up everything we have for one harmless joke. Look at Youtube reaction videos. The couples don't break up.

• Those are faked. Dont do it.

What Girls Said 7

• I am sure he is no Yoke who will appreciate this Joke.
    And if you Decide to go through with this Ride, he may Give you his own "Bon Voyage."
    It's' bad Enough and very Rough, as it is Here, dear, that he Has been Deployed. How would you Feel of this Fifth Wheel Deal, if he Said Something Silly like This to you?
    Good Luck to you Both. xx

• But there are reaction videos on Youtube that depict couples pranking each other on breaking up. They always end up forgiving each other and don't beeak up. I'm sure he won't give up everything we have just for a little joke. I am sure some trust and respect will be lost though. It won't affect his work since I will immediately tell him it's a joke afterwards. I did this once months ago and he was really shocked. Afterwards, he laughed and told me never to do it again and that it was cruel since it's hard to let someone go when you start caring about them.

• He got deployed to Thailand and was forced to drink snake blood and bite off a live chicken's head. He said it was extremely cruel and he never did. He is also not opposed to the idea of raising vegan children and supports it.

• Okay, well, here is where Unconditional Love comes int your Relationship. xx

• It's a little MEAN especially because you are together for only 6 months, maybe another harmless prank like throwing a fake spider on his chest while he is laying down is better in my opinion.
    Don't do it sweety

• That is a really cruel thing to do to someone you care about, even if you do tell them it's a joke after. If i guy told me that then my trust is lost with him and therefore the relationship would be ruined. I would never forgive them for that. And in the future i'd never be able to tell if they were being serious or not...
    If you are willing to do that to someone, then you don't deserve a relationship.

• I am doing this to see how much he loves/likes me. He wouldn't really break up with me over one little thing? I know some trust and respect would be lost, but giving up everything we have for a joke? People do reaction videos on Youtube and they don't break up.

• YouTube isn't real, its done for money like actors. Don't believe everything you watch online. the fact you want to test him as well is just wrong, if he shows he loves you then just accept that

• And the fact you have to get 'approval' on here shows you know it isn't right

• Why? I think it's a stupid and pointless thing to do

• Do it before not while he is out serving for our country that's f***ed

• But I want to see how much he really likes me if he has lost me? It's a test. Besides Youtube reaction videos that couples share always ends up perfect. They forgive each other and they don't break up. I've actually done this once and he was really shocked. But he laughed when I told him it was a joke and he told me it was really cruel amd I shouldn't do it again because it's hard to let someone go when he already cares about that person. But that was months ago.

• Glad he can take a joke good luck then:)!

• LOL @ you if you tell him its over and he says "good"... what a cruel biitch, hope he sees sense

• ehh ,, i once did it XD... we were climbing a mountain and on the way back i said " Kyle i want to tell you something, I can't do this anymore " ,, oh my god!!! he has the saddest face ever X ( ... but i just let it for half a minute and then started pushing him down side the mountain XD hahah.. so we were laughing and he was more pissed off that i actually wanted to push him. So, if you will do it fast and say it is a prank fast then that's ok. It sometimes even shows the other partner how much he/she loves that person

• It's a test to see how much he really likes me. I did it with my ex one and it went horribly ugly. But he won't break up with me permanently, right? Just for that once?

• @Lithium65 You wouldn't break up with her over something so trivial, right?

• I don't see that as "trivial" since you just said you'd be testing him. I'd be upset for a day or so. But "probably" not break up.