Guys, he's started holding my hand in public... is he getting serious?

We've been dating for 2 months now. He spent one night and one day over the past weekend with me. We had sex for the first time just on the seventh date. It was great.

Just this weekend he surprised me by holding my hand in public when we went to get some dinner.

Guys, if he's started to hold my hand in public, is he getting serious or am I reading too much into it?

417

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you are reading too much into it. Sex and holding hands for many guys is not that much different than it is for girls, it means we have a connection and emotional attachment to you. For me, it would mean that you were my girl.

What Guys Said 16

• quite possibly. it at least means he really likes you and loves to show the world that he has you by his side. he's proud to have you. at least that's why I always did that.

• I always thought that having sex was more serious than holding hands but it seems that i know nothing of life at all.

• that's definitely a sign that a guy is serious. a guy doesn't randomly hold your hand in public unless he's serious and wants to be seen as being together with you.

• I hold hands in public on the 1st date if we are walking in public. How the hell do you go 2 months without holding hands? that is more of a red flag then anything. Unless one of you is one of those people that won't do public displays of affection. I can't stand those kind.

• if hold his hand is more serious than sex then dam expect a ring next time. but to be honest it does sound like he is really into u try to rush things and the best wishes to both of u

• Damn, he took 2 months to hold your hand in public? :/ A bit slow, don't you think?
    But yeah, I would assume he's getting serious.

• Well it could be a bit too early to tell but I'd say he's starting to take it serious

• Hi. He probably likes u a lot. Especially if he is holding ur hand after sex. U may have to get clearer signals in the future to know if he is very serious.

• He's serious.

• You're reading too much into it. Guys know women like it when you hold their hand. I do it with my lady in public.

• You're reading too much into it.

• you don't get serious after two months? well he's probably is and treating you right because he likes you

• yes, holding hands in public is a status-symbol

• Yes, he is.

• sounds serious

• Ask him on his face whether he just wants physical relationships?

What Girls Said 4

• Yes he's getting serious.

• It would tell me he's getting more comfortable with you and doesn't mind showing it in public. Seems like a good sign to me!

• He may fancy you but thats not enough to say whether he is serious or not.

• it doesn't mean that he is getting serious