What do you think of people who date their own race?

Most Helpful Guy

• They are smart, think ahead, do not want to commit genetic suicide, understand racial differences and do not want to prosuce mixed-race offspring.
    Celebrate diversity. Keep the races diverse.

What Guys Said 12

• I don't think much about it at all. Should I be thinking about it more frequently?

• Like do you think they're racist? My friends said so

• Ask your friend to define "racism" or "racist." He will probably get stumped at that point.

Having an attraction to members of your own race has no relation to racism because attraction is not a conscious process that we direct. It has no relation to affording people equal opportunities and equal protection of the law. It's no different than being attracted to blondes or petite girls. Is there something wrong with that?

What WOULD be wrong would be for me to pretend that I am attracted to a black girl and date her just to prove to some PC jerk that I am not racist. The girl thinks I am attracted to her and it is actually a lie.

• You have a good point here. Nowadays it seems like if you want to prove you aren't racist, homophobic or "racist" toward big people you have to date them even though you have no attraction toward them.

• Nothing. That is the norm.

• I don't see it as racist. African Americans date their own race, too. So do Hmong, and Chinese. But there's crossover between the races, and if it's all good with the people in the relationship, I'm fine with it.

• nothing wrong with it date who ever race sex and religion shouldn't mztter so long as they love each other

• Sure preferences is their right... I guess BUT if someone only dates one race whether it's their right or not --> it's always interesting to hear such a thing and whether they agree or not... it sends a message to the perceiver about said person... and it's usually not a positive one

~You can choose who you date just as much as someone can choose how they judge you based on what you put out there~

• Nothing wrong with that and its none of your business to question people about it in real life too.

• I can ask what I want, we're free to say what we want.

• Oh well I thought you meant a stranger told you this.

• No, it was my friends. Why a stranger would ask that? He doesn't know how many people I dated and all

• Nothing. Their choice.

• That it's good they aren't dating a dog or a horse.

• I mean a White girl only dating White guys.

• I figured that. But my point is that you cannot determine their reasoning unless they do something to make it clear. It is the intent and reasoning behind it that makes it racist.

• It could be that said white girl simply hasn't met any Asian guys or African American guys or native American or aboriginal guys that float her boat. I tend not to assume a motive.

• Their choice, plus the majority of the world does it. Why is this something to question about?

• my friends say it's racist

• More like liberal friends (which is the same things anyway XD)

• Can't argue with you on that!

• I think they're fine and should be left alone

• Nada

• nothing.. it's a preference. They have the right to it.

What Girls Said 10

• I think it's fine.

• They're still people like everyone else in the world.

• Most people do so

• Their loss on this Persian cookie I guess

• Nothing, you only notice when people date a race that is clearly out of their own

• It's called a preference.

• Its not a problem

• I've never date out of my race but if I get the chance to I will someday.

• Its not a big deal

• I don't think anything