Have you ever has a boyfriend that didn't want you to have any friends or not to hang out with your friends, including your girl friends?

It seems pretty common that a guy doesn't want a girl to not have to have guy friends or to hang out with guy friends. But what about the guy not wanting you to have girl friends or to have hang out with your girlfriends as well? Are there even guys like that?

30

What Girls Said 3

• Nah, have never experienced or seen it. Seems more like women willingly drop their female friends when they get into relationships, so it wouldn't even be an issue for a guy who didn't want her to have friends anyway because it'd never come to that. My friends' relationships are the main reason why I really don't even have friends now.

I have definitely seen guys try to keep women from hanging with their family (very common for abusive men to do), though, so if women didn't drop their friends willingly these same guys would probably try to force it.

• Yes, there are guys like that and I've dated two of them. One of them didn't even like me talking to my own family. I left him after two weeks.

• Nope. I wouldn't ever date someone that controlling. I wouldn't date a guy that didn't let me hang out with and text other guys either. I most likely wouldn't hang out with guy friends or text them anyways but it's about being free and having that control and freedom.

What Guys Said 0