What is your opinion on Age Gap?

So I like this guy who is 10 years older than I. I will be 19 in a few months and he is 29. We have a lot in common, and can talk forever. We both like each other, but I dont know if this is really a good idea because of the age gap. I have people say it's fine and others say it's not... so What do you all think is it weird or okay?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• It would be fine in a few years, but right now you need more experience living.

Most Helpful Girl

• ok- so I've been in a similar situation- i talked to this man online for a while, who was 10 years older than me (18 vs 28) , and it never logistically seemed that it would work out because i felt that i was in a different stage of my life than he was, so i never ended up meeting him in person, even though we skyped and texted for like a year, and still exchange pleasantries ever once in a while. I was just entering college and "finding myself" and becoming independent- i hadn't lived alone before and essentially felt like i hadn't really lived yet- while he was settled in a 9-5 career, owned a house, and did adult things like bike and hike with his Labradors. I felt like our relationship was superficial and that when it came to what we wanted in our lives, at that time, were different- he would be closer to wanting a family and settling down and i knew i wouldn't be there any time soon. I think that an age difference in your teens and 20s is the hardest because we are still developing our sense of self and discovering what we want, when the person who we are interested in already knows all of that. I think that when people get married or into serious relationships when they're both in their 20s, it works because they're "growing up" together. Also whats difficult is that you may not be ready to get married and have kids until you're like 30... that means he's going to be kind of an old dad.

Ultimately, i think that if you feel ok with it, then its ok because you may be super solid in knowing what you want and when you want it- whereas i wasn't. I wish you luck in whatever you decide!

What Guys Said 2

• nothing wrong with it

• I consider 10 years the absolute limit.

What Girls Said 1

• if you like each other, age doesn't matter, really. unless you're minor