He said "I like you baby" but I hate being called "baby"?

We'll have our first date next week and him saying "baby" is a huge turn off for me. Why? And what should I do about it?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, you two are just starting to get to know each other. Now is the time to let him know stuff you like and you don't like. Just tell him you really hate this. Suggest he come up with something better / sweeter / more romantic / naughtier. If he's a reasonable person he shouldn't have a problem with that. For example I used to call my ex "kitten". She loved it because it has both a cute and naughty connotation.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just tell him you don't like it.

What Guys Said 2

• Just tell him that you don't like that term.

• I find the idea of calling someone 'baby' to be cringy as fuck.

There are more pleasant terms one can use such as 'darling' or 'honey', hell even the word 'babe' sounds better than baby though not by much.

Also the fact he used 'Like' and 'Baby' in the same sentence feels off to me. You should only say 'Baby' (best not to anyway) when you say 'Love' or it sounds creepy to me.

• Just tell him to call you by something else i think otherwise you may feel more turned off over time.

These are just my opinions anyway! :)

What Girls Said 1

• talk to him about it