Is age something to get in the way of a relationship?

I'm 18 he's coming 22 in 2 days, is that wrong? He thinks it is but I honestly don't think it is... I want to talk to him but I'm afraid to. Stuff has happened between us before (sexually), that's why he said the age thing was getting in the way! We haven't had sex but every time we're around each other something would happen.

Most Helpful Girl

• No I don't think that age is gap is anything to worry about. You're both over 18 so it shouldn't be an issue.

What Guys Said 7

• It's not just the sexual nuances.. its basically the sens of understanding.. and maturity that matters.. why all of a sudden to him it is sounding bad? Earlier jumping on bed didn't seem bad to him huh? Now that he is turning 22 all of a sudden it is illegal and bad to him?

This is rubbish!!

• that age gap is nothing! maturity matters more than the actual number and women tend to be more mature anyway :D

besides if things work out and this happens to be the guy you spend your life with 3-4 years is nothing to worry about!

I wish you two the best :)

• He won't talk to me though, I've tried to have a conversation with him and he kinda acts like he doesn't know what to do. Sometimes he just stares at me 😂 it's weird

• I guess all you can do is control you. Just hang out with him and see what happens :)
      it'll get a lot less weird with time.

• well either that or a lot more weird :D Lol
      but you've got nothing to lose so you may as well see what happens.

• look, age is and will always be a number. People will connect no matter how ancient one of them might be or vice-versa (the ancient part is a joke) anyways, considering you both seem mature enough to have a conversation about it I suggest easing into it. but still putting your foot down on what is right. also if he doesn't take it well try distracting him with something else that he likes... Food or something, it will make the frustration a bit less for the time being

• It might not be an issue for you but he just probably isn't comfortable dating someone 4 years younger. I've already changed a lot from when I was 18 and I'll imagine that will be even more once I'm 22.

• If you were 5 when he's 22, that would be an issue for some people. But 18? You're an adult. No one can or will judge either one of you for that.

• No love is love as long as its legal and no more than the freakish 10 year difference. This is coming from a 21 year old whose never been on a date.

• marry him

• Best idea ever

• hey if you wana discuss more.. come on private chat. we will just discuss and try to find a way which can help you :)

What Girls Said 1

• age is nothing but a number. you're 18 anyways