What is your thought on age difference?

So im 19 and the guy I like, and who likes me, is 29. We talk really well, and have a lot in common. The only thing is when we first started talking he told me he was around 26 and I learned on my own he wasn't 26 and confronted him. He said he wanted me to get to know him first before judging by age. So I really like him, but now there is a 10 year difference and I feel like it's a little bit much. I mean he doesn't look 29 he looks like way younger. Anyways I have friends say 10 years it really isn't that bad, but what do you all think?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean like the others said if you guys work don't question it too much. But at the same time, when he was 18 you were 8... I used to work as a day camp counselor so to me I couldn't do that age difference. But again if it works don't question it.

• Thank you for you're advice!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should be worried about the fact that he lied to you about his age. If he lies about something as simple as that who knows what else he could be hiding.

• And that is something I thought of and about. I get it in someways of why because what 19 year old would be like "oh yeah let me give a 29 year old a chance". Even with that I do have that trust issue now with him.

What Guys Said 1

• It's fine. Don't let numbers get in the way of true love

What Girls Said 1

• It's totally fine in my opinion. I would personally not be with a guy ten years older then me, I don't want him to be more than 5 or 6 year older than me. But I don't think it's wrong if you're both mature and in love.

• Im about where you are with that the oldest I've ever liked was about 7 years older so... But you're right thank you!