My boyfriend wants a break because I stay two hours after college to chill with my guy friends?

Basically I live two hours from my college and I can't meet up with my friends on other days because it's not okey with my boyfriend. I have 3 days of college every week so the rest of the days I stay home. I get depressed and really lonely. On top of this, I only see my boyfriend once a week sometimes not even that.

1012

Most Helpful Guy

• "A "break" is what a pussy says for breakup. It makes you think he'll want you again at some point in the future which never happens. It also leaves the door open so he can use you as a backup plan till he finds someone else. This is over permanently and completely and you will not remain friends even if he suggests or agrees to it

Most Helpful Girl

• Your boyfriend is exaggerating as hell and he is trying to be extremely controlling. You don't have to apologize for anything. You didn't do anything wrong.

What Guys Said 11

• I think you should move on from him. There's no point in dating someone who doesn't trust you

• He's your boyfriend, not your dad. Your opinion matters in this. Have you ever talked with him about it?

• You don't have girlfriends? i wouldn't go as far saying we need a break but i would for sure think that situation is not ok

• I moved a lot, I have to 2 girl best friends but they live in different cities. by the way I have one class in college meaning I only know 18 people or so in the whole college.. the girls in my class are not my type of friends (they drink, smoke, chase boys, gossip and Bitch about people) however I am trying to get close to one girl... but my boyfriend doesn't like her..

• well situation just looks shady lol. Do you really expect him to be calm about you spending hours at "guy" friends cribs?

• No I've never been to the guys house, we chill at college.. I wouldn't go to his house haha. I haven't even met him outside of college!

• Sounds like he got jealous of the time you are spending with others seems more than time with him... how do you feel about it?

• Yeah, I've always said that if he tries to control your social life like that then he's not a good boyfriend. He needs to be able to trust you to defend your relationship with him yourself.

• He's either jealous or you don't make time for him. He might feel you are picking your guy friends over him. But tbh you shouldn't really be feeling depressed or lonely... maybe need to do a bit of soul searching

• Maybe it would be better to take a break or move on if he has trust issues.

• Is your relationship casual or serious?

• We've been together for a year so serious I guess

• That's what I said but he's always like "im a 100 times better than any guys you see" basically implying that he isn't

• Now I'm sure he's an asshole
      Not saying that you're perfect but I agree you're cute and deserve better

• Break up with him and date one of your guy friends problem solved

• this dood is strange. and I tought I could act strange hell

• Ide told you kick rocks to one of there cribs

What Girls Said 9

• He shouldn't stop you seeing your friends or tell you who you can and can't see.

• Give him, and yourself this break. Maybe he'll realize what's important and maybe you will. Good luck to you. College is tough on relationships.

• Bad boyfriend... He should accept that you have friends who you want to hang out with as well.

• Break up with him - he has no right to tell you who you are and are not allowed to be friends with.

• girl! he really is a handful lol id take the break, maybe you guys can find common ground after it

• Since he's so possessive, suggest that you'd want to see him more often for company instead of hanging out with them.

• Kind of controlling isn't it. What's next he doesn't approve of?

• just say NO to him. you are free borned and have right to talk anybody and not be locked up

• Try to talk with him and do a compromis.