Answer to "Why are you single"?

I've been asked this, I don't really have an answer...

I just haven't clicked with anyone?

It made me think though, I hate it when people ask me... I guess I'm just a shy loser who can't get a girl? That's the truth... What else can I say?

I'm 24 and have never had a girlfriend, so it is really weird as I do want one...

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm to the point where my answer is "I'm not answering that question." If they want to know why not, I'm saying, "If you have to ask the question, you wouldn't understand the answer."

Seriously. You don't have to spend time coming up with an answer for this because you don't owe anyone an answer.

If I did answer it, my second option would be, "Schitt, why don't you tell me?" It's funny to me that people ask this question, as if you're so great that you should absolutely be in a relationship, and yet you can't get anyone (I mean a general "you," not you specifically). THEY need to be telling ME what the problem is, not asking me. Hell, odds are they're one of the people who could be interested in me but just aren't, and they have their reasons why not that I don't know about. It's not as if everyone who is single wants to be or has a reason that they choose to stay single--a lot of the time it's that you can't find someone, for whatever reason, and you don't know what that reason is.

• Lol I like that... I hate being single and I just don't know why I am...

Most Helpful Guy

• Why am I single? Because I haven't find the right one yet. It isn't a big deal to be single at 22. I've known people that took until they were in their 40s to get married. But that doesn't mean I'm not trying to get out of it. I do that every day 😊

What Girls Said 1

• "I don't know, why do you [enter obvious fact about them]?"

What Guys Said 2

• My answer: I am focused on my career.

• last time i got asked i replied coz im a wanker