Can a guy be 30+ and still have problems talking to girls?

30+ and still a shy guy? Cause sometimes I feel like it's just a excuse. Guy friend tells me he's too shy to go talk to his crush. I don't know maybe since he's 32 I thought he'd be experienced.

• Yes
  • No
Select a gender to cast your vote:

16

Most Helpful Guy

• And overwhelmingly negative experiences, of being rejected 100% of the time over the course of more than a decade by hundreds of girls, can make it exponentially harder and more daunting to go and approach a girl you have a crush on. Being 32, if he's never known anything besides instant rejection, maybe he just doesn't want to go talk to her because he already knows that the answer's going to be no.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think being shy is a matter of maturity as it is experience. The more he talks to girls the more he'll feel better about it and the easier it will come. But for some ( if not most) people, flirting can be scary and telling your feelings can feel downright detrimental to your well-being if you haven't done it a lot, regardless of age.

What Guys Said 5

• Sure. It's not that uncommon.

• Can a women be 30 and still think being a virgin is the best thing for her...

• It doesn't matter the age, talking to women is difficult for a lot of us guys

• Yes, I have such problems :(

• Yeah definitely

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!