How Long Did It Take For You To Tell Your SO You Love Them?

Im falling in Love !! I'm kind of scared lol

1314

Most Helpful Guy

• I jumped the gun and said it on the first date. It initially scared her a little bit just because I was so quick to say it but she said it on the 3rd date and we've been together for 3 years and are happier than ever.

everyone is different... My ex had said I love you on the phone and through text even before our first date and then when I picked her up it was basically the first thing she said. I was a little freaked out but assumed it was normal so said it too.

that's probably why I said it to my girlfriend so quickly without taking a step back and realizing that she might not be comfortable with it yet.

if there's any advice I can give you it is to not rush saying I love you. Just let things happen naturally and I guarantee that waiting will just make the words mean that much more when you do say it. I'd prefer a girl wait to say I love you then to say it and not truly mean it.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is something that varies person to person and relationship to relationship. You should do it on your own time and terms. In other words, when you feel comfortable. Not to sound cliche or like I'm quoting a song, but those three words really ARE said TOO much.

When it came to how long it took me to say it to my significant other - hmm.. not too long , but I feel that's because the connection was so automatic - so natural and right.

• That's how I feel and I almost feel like he wants to tell me the same thing but I don't want to feel stupid if he doesn't feel the same. Even tho I'm certain that he does

• Just let it happen on its own terms- as previously said. It'll be better that way. Oh and don't overthink anything. :-)

• True ! I'm gonna wait for him to tell me First lol !

What Guys Said 13

• A month I think. Mainly because she kept implying that I say it so I guess it encouraged me to do so.

• Can guys fall in a month?

• It's possible. If he's constantly talking to you, calling you, and just enjoys your company then that's a good sign.

• Yes he does, we hang out in the morning , afternoons & evenings , anytime of the day except when he is working he is available for me :)

• On day one. I dont consider a relationship official unless both partners declare their love. If she doesn't say she loves me right after i do, i move on. Not gonna stick around with someone who doesn't know what they want. I dont do unofficial relationships, too much confusion.

• almost 5 months , but it didn't work out
    now crushing and i feel she's interested too , but waiting
    it's been 7 months this time

• The best thing for me seems i come out and tell them i love them lot and falling for them deeply. That seems the best thing for me to do. Maybe use that strategy

• Yea I'm thinking about it , I just don't want to feel dumb when I do say it lol I don't want to feel like I should have waited longer to say it , although I don't think it will backfire

• I know! You know once we tell someone we love them, they start getting inconsistent and feeling like they're top dog lol

• Yeah i agree lol

• fact men fall in love in 4 .5 seconds women take up to 3 days. if you have you choices straight then it shouldn't be a problem for. you

• 6 months for telling. + rejection ( i was her best friend) + 4 years of not talking +Still complicated = ME ( lol)

• still single lol

enjoy your love life!!

• I'm 17 and still single... Maybe you should understand how long it took me 😞

• Two and a half months.

• by the end of the first date

• what was it about her?

• everything. the moment I saw her I knew she was my soul mate

• 10 minutes hardly

• About a week.

• never told anyone I was in love with them

• Was there a reason? What was the closest thing u have felt?

• I hope it works!
      bless your heart

• I hope so too thank you !

What Girls Said 12

• 3 days... Every other guy I have dated, I have told after a few months... but this last one, I knew. So I just said it.

I haven't been this happy with a guy in literally years <3

• A year, I'm not n2 that thing of saying I love u after a month of dating when u know u don't feel like that

• Yea we have been consistently growing as one and it is making me scared lol

• It was said two years after meeting and two years before we actually started dating.

• When it was too late... (two years) he lost Interest and was seeing someone new we werent official so I couldnt complain
    I cut him off a year ago still got feelings for him but idc.. he moved on probably gonna marry he soon

• A while my mouth is always full with his dick

• It took mine a month I believe. Maybe even three weeks I don't remember.

• Around 6 months. I told him by text. Then he told me to my face the next time we met.

• 1.5 years later... The day he broke up with me :(
    I was too afraid to tell him how I felt while we were still together because I was afraid it'd creep him out. I still went on to tell him the day he broke up with me, not because I was hoping that he'd change his mind or anything or that sort, but I just felt like he needed to know/i wanted him to know... And it didn't matter anymore if telling him was gonna creep him out then :/

• almost 6 months.

• I never say the word "love"

• 4 years and counting and no I love you

• can be very scary I agree. There is no right or wrong time to say that. As long as it's really what you feel and you're not lying about it.

• Yea I don't agree with lying and leading on , I've been hurt before & I wouldn't even wish that pain on my worst enemy lol so yea I do feel it !

• Very true