Why aren't guys interested in me?

I'm kind of shy but friendly once people get to know me. In my group of friends, I'm the only one who's never dated anybody and I sometimes get made fun of for it. Guys my age only seem to be interested in really dumb girls who don't have an opinion about anything... help?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• That's not true. the reason that guys aren't asking you out is cause they don't know you. So imagine being a guy and you like a girl but that girl is shy and doesn't really talk. It can be very difficult for a guy to start a convo with a shy girl (I had experienced that haha). It's not like you're going to ask someone out randomly when you never talked. Try to be more open. Talk to guys, get to know them. And even ask your closest friends for some more advice cause they will help.

• But quiet girls get approached too, more often than quiet guys at least.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm the same in my group of friends. I never dated anyone in high school. I'm sure you'll meet the right guy someday when you least expect it regardless of being shy.

What Guys Said 3

• You haven't put yourself out there. Talk to guys you think you might like and go from there. It's a two way street. You can't just wait for your prince charming.

• I think the reason why you haven't found someone is because you haven't put yourself out there. But that i mean you need to get more involved, meet people and go out and be yourself.

• Sometimes I've afraid of getting judged by people if I try to make a joke or be cool. I don't like having the spotlight on me, I feel like people would watch and judge my every move.

• Is that all there is to it?

• Pretty much. Apart from that do things you love and people will with similar interests will automagically, as i like to call, cross paths with you 😃

• You probably need to expand your social circle and meet new guys.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!