Does the guy always have to pay when he goes out with a girl?

• yes
    10%(2)14%(5)Vote20%(3)
  • no
    90%(19)86%(31)Vote80%(12)

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 15

• No, not at all !! There is no written rule, the only thing a man should do is treat his woman right, the rest is irrelevant :)

• I always split. If he pays for movie, I pay for the meal. If he paid the bills today, I'll pay next time. It's like, we may be dating but it's not only about you! We have our own bills to pay, right?

Maybe I'm getting this kind of mindset because I'm studying overseas LOL

• Not at all. The girl should treat him sometimes.

• Not at all, otherwise it'd be unfair on the guy. It should be done where he pays one time, she pays another time etc. Equality should be for everything and not just picking and choosing what is suitable depending on the current circumstances. Just my opinion though.

• Eh, I let the guy pay if I don't enjoy the date and it's the first date. If I enjoy it, I go dutch.

• Absolutely not, should be equal.

• No...

• No.
    He isn't obligated to pay.
    He's dating her, he's not her damn father.

Just to be clear though, some people like those traditional customers and that's cool for them. You just cannot expect everyone to share the same ideals as you.

• not always

• absolutely always with me.

• no i sometimes pay for my boyfriend

• Yep
    I think so

• no its ok to switch back an fourth

• The first date I'd say the guy should but the girl should offer to.

• if it's in the beginning, you should or at the very least go down as most girls don't seem to appreciate it. personally I wouldn't care if we went dutch. As time goes on nobody cares anymore and you just do whatever.

What Guys Said 4

• I think the 1 who invites should pay if not split it. I doesn't make sense to me if a girl said let's go to the amusement park then when we got there she expects me to pay for her as well that's kinda a lot of money. I wouldn't expect her to pay for me but I wouldn't pay for the both of us if she asked me out

• good question man we really need an answer. what if it's a first date

• Nope