Dude Question, I'm dating someone way more attractive then me. How?

i'm not afraid to admit it. I'm a solid 5 1/2 on the hot scale. Just an average girl, average (to little curvy)
body.
Recently I went on a date with this dude who is a straight up 10!!! Like Calvin Klein, I think you might have accidentally forgotten this model here. (My best friend was like WTF? You, him? I was like, I know!!! He's too hot) He's successful, charitable, good guy, good hair, amazing smile, 6 pack sent from the gods.
Anyways, so the entire date in my head I'm like "There has GOT to be something wrong with this dude". Nothing. Long story not short he kept telling me how beautiful I was and kissed me goodnight, texted me all the next day and really really wants to hangout again.
I want to, but I'm also terrified that one day when we finally take our clothes off he's gonna be like "ohhhhh... take it back to the manufacturer" cause he has like 10 abs and I look like I have 10 chins (being dramatic).
I know a man's biggest pet peeve is women who aren't confident so I'm trying to pretend I'm Beyoncé but on the inside I feel like Jay-Z. What advice do you have to kind of level the playing field or at least leveling it in my head?

412

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he's pretty insecure.. Or maybe like o=another user said he's not as hot as you made him out to be.. Or maybe he's not focused on gettin the most "beautiful" girl.. Maybe he thinks you are pretty and sees nothing wrong with you.. Maybe you need to stop puttin him on a pedestal, and puttin yoself down... You good.. Just don't overthink it.. Just see where it goes, and enjoy the ride.. I guess..

Most Helpful Girl

• judging by your PFP, you're pretty. I can see clearly how he'd be into you. And hey, take pride in the fact that you got some arm candy now. He's clearly into you, so I doubt he'd randomly change his mind when it comes to sex.

• Oh thank you sweetie :) I normally like to be the eye candy. Maybe I need to work on my "I'm hot as hell" face for when I walk into places with him.

What Guys Said 11

• Maybe he's been objectified his whole past. I can relate to that I got used just because of the way I look and my favorite thing about my current girlfriend is she isn't solely after me for my looks. Even as a guy it's pretty depressing to just be used for sex and not get a text or call back, it's worse when they just tell you no shit they don't want a relationship but a friend with benefits and they told me after sex not before.

• Ugh! I'm sorry, that is disheartening. I kind of brought it up casually because he said I was more attractive then my photos and he couldn't really tell what I looked like (it's cause my face isn't generically porportioned, people mix me up at work all the time) anyways! He said there's more too just being pretty on the outside and then I dropped it because I didn't want him to catch a hint I was insecure.

• Few things, the most commons ones

1. Maybe he's just not a 10 but is to you and your friend
    2. Has some weird weird personality issues you that hasn't surfaced yet with you
    3. Needs a women that is lower on the scale so he'll feel more appreciated
    4. Wants sex
    5. Is dating multiple girls
    6. Legit is into you...

• Why can't #6 be #1, is alllllll the way at the bottom ha!!! Last resort, he likes you. But there are 5 other, more likely, possibilites. Thanks for the devils advocate view :)

• I was just first going with what it could be besides being into you... Cause we all know how appereance means almost everything when it comes to dating

Sometimes though we don't always want sexy... He's probably had his fair share of hot girls OR maybe he's just not that type of guy (rare) ... But either way, explore it and see where it takes you ( I wouldn't be surprised if certain things start to surface later on the more you get to know him)

• Beauty is subjective. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Keep continuing to be you and it'll work out.

• He's tired of dating girls who are just caught up in their looks and probably make terrible companions. Your personality is an 11 and that goes a long way!

• The most important thing is to not put him a pedestal. Just treat him like an equal. If you are worried about your body, go to the gym and just tone up a little. Maybe he really likes you; so, go with the flow.

• hm I can see why u don't think ur a 10 but still your face doesn't have noticeable flaws and guess he went for you to see if non gorgeous types work for a relationship.
    I got a gut feeling that he doesn't care as long as you can get him hard and he wants to see if you both fit in terms of personality so don't worry

• Confidence in women really isn't that important. Just font be overly insecure. A bit insecury is kind of expected, actually.
    Maybe this guy is looking for agirl who is as beautiful on the inside, as well as the outside.
    Or maybe he is just a shallow dude who likes to keep a plate. However you can't find out without communicating with him

• guys like chicks who man up and have an attitude. if you have that then you are awesome for him.

• I am pretty vocal and will share my opinion even if it's conflicting. I can also hold a conversation pretty decently. Thank you!

• then you are awesome hey I need a little help. check my profile for the latest post. could you thanks

• I am in a big mess

• I think confidence is sexy. he obviously likes you if you have already been on a date with him. he could also be insecure and think that he's not as hot you think he is.

• He likes you because you actually are a solid 10, you aren't average or a 5 1/2. Go get it and kick ass girl (;

• Maybe hit the gym before you get to the part of taking clothes off😊 Actually he probably is like having a "Shallow Hal" syndrome and doesn't see what you see

• Probably likes your blue eyes and dark hair, you're closer to an 8 than a 5 1/2, you rate yourself to low

• Thank you for your kind words; I live in dallas so competition is pretty high. I do go to the gym. I failed to mention in lost 38 lbs recently so I'm still in the "I think I am chubbier than I am" phase... but no we're near a flat tummy etc.

• Well you're doing good and don't put yourself down

What Girls Said 3

• Girl, don't worry about a thing! He obviously likes you if he is trying to see you! You got this!

I'm in a similar type of situation. This guy I'm seeing is super good looking, and I'm okay. I mean I've been told I'm good looking, but I would put myself as a solid 5 1/2 as well. I'm bigger too and he goes to the gym. But he keeps telling me how beautiful I am and how he wants to see me again.

Just enjoy it! It's possible that he is very attracted to you. Don't worry about him not liking you when the clothes come off. I'm sure he will be too excited to care about any flaws.

People are all attracted to different things. Perhaps your his ideal :)

• Actually you are wuite pretty and clearly you have an awesome personality and he sees that.

• There's more to you than your appearance. Maybe he saw something else about you

• He did mention how important it was to find someone attractive on the inside. So I feel like I might have the upper advantage of being old for my age.