Do you have a lot in common with your partner?

And do you think it matters if you don't have much in common? I feel like my lifestyle is so different from others and I wonder how I can ever be with someone again because I feel like I've lost myself a little, my life is pretty boring as well and with depression it's hard finding things that still interest you. I feel as though I don't have a lot to talk about with people anymore and I don't know if it's just me or my lifestyle. It's like I've forgotten how to date and end up not knowing if I've said something I shouldn't have.

203

Most Helpful Guy

• With my wife I found we have incredibly high "meta-commonality".

That is, we didn't start out sharing much of the same interests but once she showed me her interests, and once I showed her mine, we started to assimilate each other's interests.

Likewise when we try something new, we generally both like it or both don't.

I had girls with whom I had more common interests initially but we drifted a bit over time as far as interests. With my wife, it was opposite. We started off with fewer common interests but grew closer together over time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I do, and I do think it's important. You don't even have to be this super social, activities oriented person. I'd say most people are pretty boring. Like you get so busy that all you want to do is Netflix and chill. You want to have something in common so that when you both have free time you can cut the monotony with doing something else outside of the usual, which you can do individually but it's better to do together so that you're still building on your relationship. If you're not interested in anything at all then at least be willing to try something new because it's a big deal once you're committed for the long haul.

What Guys Said 2

• not really

• We breathe air , drink water, eat, shower often and that's as common as we are 😂

What Girls Said 19

• At our cores we're very similar. But outwardly we're different. We have different interests. But we have similar personalities. So it works.

• Our likes and dislikes are almost identical. However, our personalities are different. He's a social butterfly, very outgoing, laid back, go with the flow. I'm more of a stressed out anxiety ridden hermit crab lol but it works! I ground him when his thoughts get too unrealistic and he brings me out of my shell so I can be social and more outgoing. It really works for us!

• I don't think it matter that you don't have much in common. You'll probably find that dating someone with completely different interests will bring out a new you. Don't be afraid to try new things. It can be scary at first, but in the end even if you don't stay with that person, you learned more about yourself. Don't lose faith :)

• I do which is why we relate so much, i feel like this is very important because nothing in common means no communication and communication is key. First you have to get back happy, or at least find something you love, that gives you a drive again, and then open up to finding a partner

• Yeah we have quite a lot in common. I don't know if I could be with someone who isn't like me

• We're have a lot in common but there is also a lot that is different about us. At our core we're both dreamers.

• all that's important that I found over a years of many relationships is that you guys have ONE thing that works for you and have in common. even if it's watching Netflix or going bowling. it's the only thing that's worked for me and I'm on my last successful relationship... goodluck

• Yes, we do, but we are different enough to keep it exciting.

• We realy do not have a lot in common but that makes our relationship interesting

• We both have all of our skin and most of our teeth :)

• I feel I have not much in common, besides the common dreams as a familiar talking about... I need someone completely different from me, so I can keep myself amused by other stuff that I probably ignore!
    If u have depression maybe u should get treatment I have and I do as well, and it helped a bit and more it's up to my mind!

• Yes except for the fact I'm a failure at everything 🙄 and he's more driven and focused

• Yeah we live in the same street, we went to same school and we sat in the same class

• We don't have much in common and it's a good thing because it keeps the relationship interesting

• Too much. Even our natal charts are similar. He was made for me. And I was made for him.

• I married my best friend in June.

• Me and my boyfriend do. We both had a bad past, had depression , same music taste, same interests in cars , same boring life (working all day , or home). I just think that our common interests have really brought us closer..
    I think some people can still be together with the same interest or not it's just different with everyone.

• Some things in common

• We don't have little things in common, but the general big picture, we have compatibility in terms of where we want our lives to go