Can you ever be friends with an ex?

when i first started going out with my current boyfriend, he was close friends with this girl. he told me they just go out to movies, lunch and just chill. then few weeks later he told me that she was his ex but they were only going out as friends. is this possible?
can you be friends with an ex? I am not in touch with any of my exes and when they do get back in touch, they all want to get back with me and not just as friends.

• Yes I can be just friends with my ex, feelings would fade.. its possible
  • Yes I can be friends with my ex but feelings will still be there
  • No I cannot be friends with my ex, feelings will still be there.. its not possible
    Vote C

61

Most Helpful Guy

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.