Girls, Long Distance, What should I do?

So a couple months ago I decided to make a tinder just to see what it was all about. I'm currently in MOS school in the Marines and I had nothing else better to do but play around with my phone! Well I ended up getting tinder plus and I put my location to back home, and I found a girl who I've seriously hit it off with. We've been talking everyday over text and FaceTime for about a month and a half, and I'm really into her. She says the same about me but here's the issue. I've done the whole long distance relationship thing before so I don't find it weird, her on the other hand hasn't done anything long distance before and I don't think she wants to. Well like I said, We've connected as much as someone could without actually being in person.. we talk to each other like a couple would! Good morning, goodnight texts, those cute late night FaceTime sessions talking about each others days, we've told each other our life stories haha but with all this going on, I want to "take it to the next level" But... how? and I also don't want her to be committed to me because we aren't actually dating, and she has the opportunity to find someone in her actual area. But she says she's really into me and she's been pretty obsessed, so I don't know what to do? Ask her to somehow be mine over text? Or what? I don't know. If you could maybe give some advice or your input on this, please do! Thanks.

Im almost in the fleet, so I would be able to have a somewhat normal life where I could go back home and be with her but at the same time, I could be stationed a place where it won't be easy to see her.

3

What Girls Said 3

• If you were to ask her out, please do it over Facetime instead of text. Some things should be done in person but when distance makes it impossible go for the next best thing, which is over video chat. Do you want to date her (it sounds like a yes, and it sounds like she would agree to going out with you)? If you do, I do think you should ask her (so she doesn't feel like she's been strung along), I would let her know all the facts though, that while you could go back home you could also be stationed somewhere else where it wouldn't be easy to see her and it would be a ldr. Give her the facts and allow her to make her decision. Wouldn't you agree that it's the worst when someone else makes the decision for you?

• You're right, I hadn't really thought about how I would go about doing it in the first place! Thanks. I'm pretty sure she feels the same way... if not then it would be really weird for her to act the way she does and not be interested in me. This helps! Thank you.

• You're welcome. Hopefully you'll be back home after instead of stationed somewhere else. :)

• Well, first things first, you met through tinder. Average tinder user has several matches a week. I don't want to discourage you but you should keep in mind that tinder is a hook up site so watch out.

• I think you should definitely try to tell her how you feel, if she really cares for you as much as you say then i think she'd be willing to try a long distance relationship with you