I've been single so long I don't even want to date anymore - is this normal?

So I had been dealt a bad hand in the guy department. I was tired of dealing with deep, long term relationships turned sour and "nice guys" turned douchebags and so I decided to go on a 1 year no dating challenge. Plus, I'm hard core chasing my dream career and I wanted to focus all my energy on that, and myself.

It went great, I loved it, problem is I think it went too great. Now it's officially over and my friends keep saying "Yay! Now you can date again!" But in my head I'm kind of like "uhhh why the hell would I do that again?"

I honestly now feel no need to date... not even the slightest urge. It's like I'm turned off. When I think of dating all that comes to mind is all this emotional turmoil, stress, confusion, and so much time and energy. PLUS I see all these girls ditching their friends the second their boyfriend calls and all that seems just stupid now.

Is it weird that I feel such a lack of desire to date now?

419

Most Helpful Guy

• NO it's NOT normal thank God and congratulation, . lol... By doing exactly what you are doing is the what everyone not in a deeply committed relationship should be doing.

That is actually how the perfect person for me effortlessly crossed my path. lol
    I got my shit together and my soulmate. No more of useless unneeded people.

Most Helpful Girl

• I consider that normal and healthy as well.

What Guys Said 18

• No it is not unnormal as your career driven. You sound like the type of person who wants to live life and if the right guy comes along great if not you will live happily with yourself.

• It is normal.. It is like when you stop exercising for a while you are unable to do the same exercises again.. they seem hard.. but after sometime it gets better.. same for relationships, if you want to try out on relationship you should try and you might get better.

• See but that's the thing. I don't even want to try haha don't even feel any need to be with any guy lol

• It may seem foolish.. but sometimes when I am unable to decide.. I toss a coin and let it decide.. and then do it with pleasure no matter what..

• https://youtu.be/4OJl6YejOCY

Don't be a martyr. Nobody will notice.

• It's neither good or bad. It's what you yourself make of it.

• What you do is up to you.
    I have not been with a woman for 15.5 years (despite offers), mainly because of the legal risks.

• No its not wired you see a lot on your plate and letting somethings like dating go makes it easyer to handle. Guys (me) can get like this too.

• Yeah. It's fine.

• no its not, once you find the right guy you'll want to, if you dont you'll be happily single no lose really

• totally normal

• Its not weird given your history. Enjoy your freedom until you change your mind

• yes, very. you'll be ok

• sound's reasonable but if u need a friend im here

• it's normal in the usa to do that.

• I'm from Canada but similar still

• wow, i heard Canada was supposed to be a lot better. I personally have had better luck corresponding with girls from Canada unless they were lying and are actually guys. lol.

• never turn to the dark side of the force!

• It seems your last relationship was not so good

• In the age of feminism it's not weird. Relationships aren't supposed to work. I only focus on fuck buddies, call girls, or strangers.

• Women value decrease each year. Just awareing you why going on yearly breaks is bad for women. You'll find as you get older as a woman, the quality of men you can get to commit to you goes down with age. Do not wait.

• Also this right here fellas is why you should be wary of dating women as they get older. The more failed relationship women have the more baggage emotionally/mentally she puts on.

• Yea, i think it is fine. Men and women seem to be distancing and using each other more than ever. A product of an equal society where men and women compete.

I am the same and after many dates, i don't find the idea of courting or dating a girl worth it. I actually don't even like talking to women. So i finally got used to the idea of friends with benefits and use girls in my circle just to have sex. Maybe you can try it... it helps drown the pain of wanting love.

What Girls Said 3

• Series of failed relationships can often teach us valuable lessons. I learned after my breakup that I'm better off alone. You probably have other priorities in you life right now and that is completely fine. But don't let few bad experiences deter you from exploring your options.

• it's normal cus you're already feel content with your life now at the moment.

• that's normal to feel so