What's the Difference between Love and Crush?

What do you feel when u have a crush on someone , and how is it different from Loving that person?

25

Most Helpful Girl

• when you have a crush, its infatuation and obesseson it's all about what you can get from it, it selfish, love is looking out for that persons best interest and wanting them to be happy even if its not with you, it selfless

• I don't understand selfless love to be honest. :-( For example, I could imagine my wife being better off with some other guy, especially considering there are billions on the planet, but I'm not willing to hand her over. There is at least some side of me that is selfish there and wants her to myself. That said, I look out for her when sick, and worry about her well-being... but I still don't want to pass her off to someone else who might make a better husband than me.

• well that's a different thing all together once you have that person (married to them) I think its okay to be selfish with them in that way

Most Helpful Guy

• Only major difference I see between when I was a teenager crushing on girls and the type of love I have for my wife is practical experience.

The latter case was built over a much longer period with a lot of mutual participation on her part, and fairly realistic expectations of who she is. I also refined the dream of who she was to me over the course of getting to know her intimately over the years.

Crushing tends to be less intense in retrospect though you can't really realize the difference until you really fall for a girl in a case where the feeling is completely mutual.

What Girls Said 1

• Love is reciprocated, crush is not.

What Guys Said 4

• Crushing is physical, you don't know them personally, or.. mostly not, as in you may know there name and their outwards behavior, but you don't "know" them.

Love, is the development of knowing a person for a longer time, feeling mutual trust, like seeing yourself in them, almost wanting to sacrifice yourself for them, but not having to. You can't really put love into proper words, but it's an intense feeling, much stronger than crushing.

• for me a crush is something I feel I don't have to act upon unlike love I feel like I have to act upon it. Basically if I am crushing on someone, I can. stay crushing on them and it doesn't really bother me. If I love someone I can't stand by and let it be unknown. I have to show them that my feelings for them are great.

• Crushing is you want to know everything about them, love is you already do and you liked it

• love, infatuation and crush are all same, just diff names