I miss my ex a lot, What should I do?

I broke up with my girlfriend last year, We were in a relationship for 2 years, I was a piece of shit back then, We used to fight over small things that didn't matter, We had a physical relationship. Also, My behavior towards her was the worst part, Even if something small happened I used to say "I think we should break up" because I was a short tempered guy, I realised that my behavior would hurt her so I decided to act like I didn't care & I wanted to make her realise that she should be independent cause she used to cry whenever we fought. So one day, I asked should we stay together & she said "I don't want to live with someone who doesn't care" That's when I told her we should break up. I did it because I knew I was the one hurting her, She asked me if we should take a break but I said No, If it's over, It's over. Stay happy.

It's been a year & I still miss her, But now I feel like I've changed a lot, Time has done wonders. Should I text her back? I miss her a lot. I'm afraid that she has changed & she would send a reply full of anger or ego. I still think she loves me. We didn't talk for a almost a year since the last conversation. It ended on good terms.

192

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't understand people who " cry " for what they've lost , when they didn't " fight" to keep what they had

Your most difficult challenge is proving you've changed. That won't be possible unless she gives you a chance to prove it. All you can do is reach out to her and talk to her. Explain what you have here. It's reasonable and sincere.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 18

• You sound exactly like how my boyfriend used to be. And I mean exactly. We were both in school we used to argue 24/7 and by 24/7 I mean everyday. Over stupid things too. And everytime we fought it ended up fighting over bigger things in the past and then it would always end up with him acting like he didn't give a shit and I would say "lets break up" and he would go "okay".
    The longest break we took was a 3 day break because I always ended up giving in and talk to him and we would sort it out.
    After 2 years we've gotten a lot better. And think that was because he started working and I started uni so we saw each other at most once a week. Maybe 2 if we were lucky. And we would make the most of those times. Oh and we matured a lot. And I practically forced him to learn to stay and talk and talk it out with me if we fought.
    So now after 3 and a half years we're still going happy and healthy and we rarely argue, and we go to the gym everyday together.
    MOral of the story: If you still love the girl, then give it a shot. If it's clear she doesn't want to talk or has moved on, then let her. You would have learnt from your mistake. And you guys could remain friends and who knows maybe in the future, you guys would have a chance. But I would say give it a shot if it seems like she still has feelings for you.
    Goodluck man

• Helped alot! Thankyou so much 💞 Stay blessed.

• If you have really changed and you're serious about giving the relationship another try. Text her, apologize, mention everything you did wrong and exactly how you have changed for the better. Tell her you miss her smile and you'd love to be the reason she smiles daily. Then ask for another chance and leave it at that. Let her think about it... if she says yes... awesome if she says no, asked if you guys can at least hang out as friends... this will give you the chance to prove you hanged, just don't try to hard, women can see through that and it's a turn off

• You did the worst thing you can do to a female: made her feel like you didn't care.
    Who knows she might be in a new relationship now or maybe she likes someone else.
    You were an asshole with her, You probably made her feel worthless. Which means she probably woke up and feels stupid for ever being with you. She's probably laughing at herself now, THINKING how stupid she was to be with a guy like you.

You can always try to get her back, but is she ignores you don't be surprised, you deserve it.
    If she replies, you will have to gain her love and trust again. Good luck.
    If you never try, you never know.

• are you sure you have changed a lot or you just think that you have? don't try to reconnect if you'll end up hurting her again

• Yes I'm sure, I've changed. But there's one thing which is stopping me from messaging her, My Ego. I over think about what my friends will think about this, Cause I act like I'm over her in front of my friends, I never told any of them that I still love her.

• then you haven't completely changed

• that was shitty... in what way have you changed? if it's not a great change, I would leave her alone. plus you probably made it easier for her to find a new guy who is just a little less shitty.

• If you still value your ego over her you haven't changed at all

• Just message her and say "Hey." Then if she replies, continue with saying "How are you?" And then see where the conversation leads you. It's better to regret doing something than regretting that you didn't do something. Good luck?

• Ohh these sad love stories... Get a new girlfriend

• Think of something else when you think of her.

• Just tell her the truth. Apologize for the way you acted and tell her you realized she was really important to you and you still have feelings for her.

• She probably has changed and moved on. You had your chance.

• move on.

• It seems like my own situation... my ex broke up with me a year ago. Did she ignore you during this year? My ex was terrible to me, we fought a lot and he would ignore me. I felt miserable all the time.

I think you should ask her to have a conversation in person... and then recognize your mistakes, apologize and tell her how do you feel about her and why she is the one for you!

• I think you should arrange to take her out and apologise and tell her how much you've missed her and that your willing to do anything to get her back. If she doesn't say yes take it slowly and try to earn her trust again

• I would say you should approach her first with a genuine apology and try to get closer to her bit by bit & see if she is receptive to that :) After you've regained her trust over time you can begin showing interest in her in a romantic way but do not rush into anything. Just be prepared that she might give you an earful when you first apologize and she might tell you how much you hurt her. This might not be a bad sign because she might still have feelings for you if she's still raw about it. Indifference usually means she stopped caring a long time ago. Be patient and give her whatever time she needs. Hope it works out :)

• My boyfriend broke up with me last year, we dated for 9 months or so. I was deeply in love but he didn't care enough, and I know there's no one to fault.
    I've changed a lot since then, but I'm not sure if he has as i didn't keep contact after we broke up. I've become stronger and I've come to know my values.

Two weeks ago suddenly he appeared at the bar I celebrated my bday with my friends, (he knew precisely I would be there cause one of my friends told him), and since that day I can't help thinking about him.. what does he want?

I miss him and I can't forget him. No matter how much he hurt my feelings back them, I miss those days. If he were to call me or at least text me back, I'd go crazy.

So yea, I think it's worth the try asking her out again. What would u be risking? Your pride? Being dumped? If this is what you're afraid of, remember you wanted to break up and she was the one who gave out all her pride while loving you back then.

• Yes because if you don't at least try you'll regret it.

• You should start learning healthy communication. You need to do some work with someone who can teach you. But you could check on how she's doing. I wouldn't suggest trying to jump back in.
    Im not so sure you were so nobel to let her go... yet you were causing her pain or that your not just thinking of a good thing you lost. If you were with a hot sweet loving girl would you still miss her. Would you stay unattached hoping youd get another chance...
    I think you might have a little selfishness going on... by the way you can't make a woman leave. She chooses to move on or not. If you call and say hi, ask how she's been. Tell her your getting help and learning new ways to deal with life. ( and do it...) nothings worse than blowing a second chance. I hope there's a happy ever after

• I did let her go because I realized I was the one hurting her & she would be happy without me, I don't need to prove it, She never blocked me even after all this happened. I still miss her a lot. There's only thing between us, Our Ego. I don't want her to make fun of what I feel about her, If she still loves me it's great but I'm afraid to know what will happen if things go wrong.

• Egos suck... they cause so much hell.. thats not true... Pride sucks and makes you say and do things that hurt yourself and others. WHY? To feed prides ego...
      Prides real cold on a long lonely night. One day it hits ya... you were great before pride got involved..
      Pride made my guy and me, act like two idiot kids We decieded that we loved each other... and pride was embarrassing us.
      Only the strong can put all their defenses down. If im broken... ill get over it, faster, knowing I did all I could. I was honest and tried to give all. I can live with that.. Thinking I could have done or gave more and didn't... thats soul killing.
      If you admit you may have been wrong, no matter what her reaction (its hers... your reaction is yours and what you control) you'll begin building respect for you in her mind and in yourself for doing the tough work but not being scared and hiding. Best Blessings

What Guys Said 1

• Aim better