My 26 year old coworker likes me and I'm 32, I think we would look odd together?

The thing is I have this odd sexual attraction to him too. If he were some macho type I wouldn't feel like such a predator or cougar but he's a skinny nerdy type. That's why we get along. On a nerd level.

Normally i would never even consider dating a coworker but as it happens I'm moving to another company. I also usually would never consider dating someone younger than me by more than a year or so.

He's mature for his age though and has his shit together...

So torn when and if should age matter? I've dated men a lot older than me so I almost feel as if I'm being a hypocrite. But I'll admit it's the whole I'm a woman and women who date younger men are creepy thing that bothers me.

See, I'm not such a feminist after all. 😛

420

Most Helpful Guy

• Do it! He's my age he's not looking for some fantasy and shit. You're only a few years apart. Not like you are 55 and he's 26 haha.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well my guy is three years younger than me. I think it's more about where a person is in life rather than age. At times, he can be a bit immature but I think it's a guy thing more than an age thing. And the cougar thing doesn't really fit here, however I'd submit to you that this feeling of yours is coming from something else, not his physical nerdy nature. You're going to need someone that'll be able to keep up, he may be giving you some cues that are putting you off a bit, small things that you haven't figured out yet what they mean. However, if you are attracted and you get on I'd say why not feel it out a bit?

And on a side not, my guy and I met at our work place, though we didn't work for the same company we worked in the same building and everyone knew each other and our two companies did work together and we dated/lived together for more than a year whilst working in the same building.

• Good advice. This is what I think I'm coming around to. What the downside of pursuing it? Really none.

I know people in the dept of the company I'm leaving will talk but that's their problem.

• It's a funny thing how different other regions of the country can be about this stuff. The company I work for... I can't even count the number of people dating, in relationships, married, gay, straight, you name it. It's just not even thought about here. At most, if you work in the same department they move one or the other to another department... and that's it. You don't hear gossip, no drama, nothing, people just do their thing.

Those people in that dept, they may talk, they may even connect you moving to another company to this. It simply doesn't matter.

What Guys Said 19

• Keep in touch with him and take things slow. I would take simple steps and hang out first and get to know hij better. Their is no rush and age is just a number.😃

• its rare two people have that magnetic connection. My thoughts are take advantage and see that no body gets hurt.

You don't go into a relationship knowing it's meant to be. But you do go into it with the purest of heart, best intentions and respect for that person. Maybe it doesn't last but it doesn't mean it wasn't important.

• Yes so true it's rare to meet a person who connects with you on every level from chemistry to a strong connection and they get and understand you etc.
      True I wouldn't want to see you or him get hurt. But you don't know until you try and see how it goes. True your right you don't know if it's meant to be but if the intention is good and you both have the passion and drive to make it work then things should be good. I think it could work.

• Well, I don't think that women who date younger guys are creepy. I think that if you want to you should go for it.

• If you like him so much go for it :D
    You say you're 32 but your profile says 39... what did science do, does the time machine really exist? Hahahahaha :D

• I just made up a birthdate when creating my profile. I never expected to actuallly become a longterm member and that I couldn't change it.

• Oh I see! Compared to me you're a kid haha... says grandpa :D

• go for it, you're fine

• No. You both are full grown adults. Not weird at all.

• Don't worry about what others think. If you are happy together then be together.

• Your both adults and not too different in age, if you click go for it. I had an attraction to a woman 10 years older than me and I got the jokes about a cougar and oh she must be wrinkled I just laughed it off I don't worry what people think.

• if you are comfortable around him it shouldn't at all. only you can judge the character of the person who you like. let no one else decide for you.

• Totally true on what others think shouldn't matter. But then I think, "when I graduated from college and started work he was in high school".

It's ultimately selling myself in the idea.

• you aren't selling yourself be proud that you found someone you like. well there will always be conspirators deal with them

• 6 years sounds fine to me.

• That's not a huge age different, not "cougar" level at all.

• yes it would look odd and dating coworkers is not good idea. looking odd in regards to dating who cares. guys date women 20 years younger and it's no big deal.

• ahhhh just go for it.. you live once.

• age never mattered

• women who date younger guys are not creepy

• I didn't read the details, but dont care about peoples opinion

• hahaha, so awesome to see women's overies drying up and the need for someone.

• I suppose. If I were concerned for my ovaries I wouldn't be considering dating a 26 year old. And at 32 they are certainly aging but fertile.

I actually don't want kids though. But we all need someone. I dont have a hard time find someone but it is rare to find someone special like him.

• i guess you will learn soon enough. All the best. Just don't complain when you get hurt. Be strong

• you'll be fine.

• It's not that big of a gap, it really depends how much you like him

• If you like it go for it. Younger man/older woman relationships shouldn't be frowned upon.

What Girls Said 3

• My best friends parents are 7 years apart and the mom is the older one. They're a really sweet pair of parents lol. So I honestly don't think it should be odd if you find age that makes you feel uncomfortable! If you guys have a strong connection, what's the fuss? All that matters is you and him.

• It's just dating. It's not like your gonna marry him.
    It's not about the age in your case but would you want to mix pleasure with business when things go sour between you and him?

• In my opinion, an age gap of less than 10 years is perfectly reasonable.