"im a grown man I dont have to explain shit"?

so my boyfriend who just moved in with me told me this when i asked why he was an hour coming home late. i quiestioned his answer of him being at his friends for too long.. whos out of line here?

Most Helpful Guy

• He is. If he's getting that upset cause you asked him why he got home so late, he's guilty of doing something he shouldn't. A simple answer is all he needed like "just hanging with the boys" or "forgot how late it was, sorry for worrying you". Clearly, he did something

Most Helpful Girl

• Your boyfriend is completely out of line. I mean, that's a stupid excuse. He should have explained to you why he was late and with whom he was hanging out with.

What Guys Said 13

• He should've probably called if he was going to be late, and now he's getting defensive.. he's not playing his cards right. :3

Of course one could argue that you're nagging, but fact remains that he was late and didn't call/message about it. I assume he didn't or you wouldn't ask. Yes, trust is important in a relationship, but so is communication, and he has zero reason not to explain.

• You are both out of line. If you trust him you would believe what he told you. If he respected you he would just answer your question without​ making a big deal out of it.
    side note guys who usually say that are being decisive about something. I would dig into that more.

• Unless you two had something time-specific to do and he was making you late, then you are out of line. The meaning of his statement was correct, but the way he said it was very rude. I would guess that he was so emphatic because he wants you to understand that he will not tolerate constant surveillance.

• You. Are you his mom now?

• 1. Depends if you were antagonising him for being late, keeping a close eye type of thing
    2. Or if you were asking out of being worried and didn't mind but was just wondering if everything was ok

Number 2 is fine 2 kinda isn't... if someone is chillin' with his buddies and happens to be past a hour after you just assume he's still chillin and isn't done yet... it doesn't matter why he's an hour late, that's his choice

• You're out of line. He's a grown man.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/37482064.jpg

• He doesn't sound like a chill dude bro. I don't like anyone talking to the dudetts that way. Unchivalrous.

• i assume u ask too many questions at the wrong time

• its just a damn hour and its not like he skipped you guys anniversary.

• you are, enjoy your time alone

• ''i quiestioned his answer of him being at his friends for too long''

This is where you went wrong. By questioning that, you are showing insecurity, lack of trust, potentially a projection of yourself which could suggest you aren't to be trusted and it also comes across as a sort of nag. You were out of line.

However, he was the one dumb enough to move in so... the jokes on him really. Bwhahahahaha

• Damn, you are a control freak. I hope he breaks up with you asap. You don't really know, who's out of line? Women have become a-holes... really

• You're not exactly his mom..

• It is not a matter of "being his mom". If you expect someone to return home and he doesn't, you get preoccupied about it. Anything might happen. From car accident (that is the most probable) to drunk mad people "doing things" and to other shit.

• great answer dusty milk

What Girls Said 6

• He is out of line. He should tell you where he has been - not a difficult thing to do unless you are hiding something.

• Uhhh... I mean an hour isn't a big deal but I think his explanation was pretty bitchy.

• What the hell is an hour, nothing, so why get so worked up about it.
    As for his obnoxious reply, of course that was well out of order.
    Sounds like the two of you have some communication issues that need working on.

• it depends on the tone you asked him the question. if you asked in a calm tone, and just wanted to know if everything was ok with him as to why he came 1 hour late, there's no reason why he should of answered like that.

• It seems a little controlling to me, since it was only an hour, so you. I really don't think you have anything to worry about, though I admit he could have been nicer with the response.

• him !