Is age a big deal when the guy is younger than the girl?

Well I'm dating a younger guy by 10 year difference he is awesome and he shocks me everyday but I think to myself this will never work I am so confused on how I should feel about him and his age I think I am just a realist why am I going Thur this I never show him that I am insucure about our age differences

Most Helpful Guy

• don't be, that's better than the other way around. it balances male's natural tendency to be dominant. also women's sexual peak happens so much later in life than a man's does (ironically About ten years difference).
    I ❤️ older women, to any men (or women for that matter) who are reading this I'd recommend giving it a try. :)

What Guys Said 55

• Age per se is irrelevant. It is only a rough indicator of the really important factors. Does his maturity level match yours? Do you have common interests and goals? Does he have children/want children? Most women you age either cannot or (understandably) do not want to have children; will that be an issue at some point?

• first of all you look young not 46..

boys are interested in girls older than them.
    í am intrested in girl who are older than me.

if he loves you then age doesn't matter.
    age is just a number...

í have seen many men married older women... and those marriages are successful too...

once í seen a person married to a women
    who was 18 years older than him. the
    women 41 men 23..

• There's no "should". Focus on how you DO feel and not how you SHOULD. There's no law, it's all a matter of opinion. I'd look at what you have in common and is it enough for a future? The biggest thing with age gaps is common interests and goals.

I do find it interesting though how many woman have no problem with this though, but if it's an older guy and a younger women, oh it's "GROSS" and "DISGUSTING" lol

• probably because you look at lot younger than 46 if you didn't have your age showing I would have probably guessed you were 35 if not a bit younger. maybe he has a thing for milf I wouldn't mind dating someone 10+ years older if they looked like you

• Well your display picture clarifies all the things here!!

And i am really sure why this guy is dating you when you are 46!👌👌

Look at you!! At this age.. you're competing with most girls of 20s!! Amazing!! This is epic!!

• Why does it matter, as long as you are ok with it, in your relationship?
    I prefer more 'mature' women, as they usually have a better idea about who they are, and what they want, sexually.

• That depends and in my opinion it can be subjective as hell. On one hand I would say not, when our parents were younger, so let's say around 40 years ago and more, they were used to get engaged and married, and one of them was much older then the other one. On the other hand, when I see an old men getting engaged with a woman that is much younger, like more than 20 years of difference, that is a little awkward to me. I don't see how, a part from money in many cases, an old men of 65 and and above can offer to a woman in her 30's

• As long as you feel that you're both on the same page in life, that's what matters. Sure, a 10 year gap can be seen as creepy if the youngest is very young, but you're both well above 30 and both mature adults so can't see the problem here.

• It can totally work out and I wish you the best with your guy. I agree with some of the others. Your face looks 10 or more years younger in that pic.

• My wife is 5.5 years older.
    Woman I dated before that was 9 years 1 month.
    However, I had the hots bad for a woman who 15.5 years older than me.

• If your happy that's all it matters. Age is just a number and your both over 18.

• I don't see it as a big deal. You like who you like. It's a normal thing in life. So be who you want to be. :)

• After 25 age difference does not matter. Your both completely grown adults by then.

• Not to me. I love dating older women.

It shouldn't be a big deal tbh. If you both like each other and are comfortable with each other and secure with the age difference then carry on dating each other.

• hey I believe age doesn't matter in this era.. and you know what's best for you.. ans one more thing are you really above 40?

• you look like you are in your mid 20s to early 30s. but besides that, not 10 years is not a big issue at all

• Even 15 years difference is not a big deal as long as he loves you but you have weigh the good, the bad and the ugly situations.
    The good are:sex, less baggage and fun to date
    The bad and ugly are:financial independence, mummy influence, scary of commitment

• It's not unless you make it a big deal.

• Eh I don't think I'll ever be ok with something like that. 😌😌

• Only if he wants child / children (with you) and you're above 40. Other than that, I think you're good.

• I'd guess depends how much older she is than him. Its more seldom for a young guy to date an older women.

• If you are like your picture it is fine.

• I don't really think so.
    To me it's no different from me dating someone much younger.
    We can't help who we feel in love with.

• Age is just a number.

• L O V E I S L O V E.
    I mean there are obviously some limits that should he acknowledged, but as long as you're both happy, who really cares?

• I've been with several women that were that much older, never bothered me 😄 As long as u have chemistry, age is just a number

• Interesting choice of pics to illustrate this question.

• First I want to say you look good for being 46. I know a woman who is 10 years older then me and I would still date her.

• Tells me this guy wants an easy lay with no work involved. Kudos for him. And once he gains status, he can trade up for someone younger. Like Ashton Kutcher did. Traded Demi for somebody younger and hotter.

• Either you are lying or you are not 46

• More from Guys
    25

What Girls Said 28

• That's pretty crazy. We consider it perfectly fine when the dude is 10 years older than the woman -assuming that the woman is legal-, therefore it shouldn't be considered an issue when a woman is dating a guy 10 years younger than her. It's only up to both if the relationship will succeed or not and it has probably nothing to do with the age-difference.

• lolz you're so beautiful and looking young there, girl... err, miss? and lolz it's fine... age doesn't matter... I even know a woman in my country that's married to a guy that's 14 years younger

• Thank for all the support and nice words I real am touched by all the positive input I received

• As long as both parties are over 18 then I don't think age is an issue at all. If you both want to be together, then be together! Forget about the judgmental people.

• It will work. If he is over 30. But anyone under 30 is more than likely immature and just getting settled in their life. It will be a headache and u dont want to be anyones sugar momma also.

• Yes, it's a big deal to me, coz if a guy is a lot younger than me he'd be at a different stage in his life than myself , so eventually we'd grow apart. It just wouldn't work out

• I'd totally be open to it although I would have a few concerns like:
    Is he just fulfilling a fantasy to be with an older women?
    Will he regret that maybe I can't/won't want to have his children when he's ready?
    Is he going to leave me for a younger women in 10 years?

Those are just my personal concerns but I really wish that age didn't matter.

• Not at all. My friend just got married to a man who is eight years younger than she is and they're happy and expecting their first child this fall. I my aunt is fifteen years older than my uncle and they've been married for over 30 years and still happy. I've dated guys who are younger than me (but still in my age range so this might be a bad example lol) and they were good guys. If you're happy and he's happy, who cares 😊

by the way, you're very pretty!

• I think its wrong to purposely seek out younger guys but if you meet somebody with everything you want and he happens to be younger - then it might be okay if the age difference isn't too big and you are both similar physically.

• Good for you Mrs Robinson! 😉

• well if you guys are happy together... go for it

• Age doesn't matter as long as you get along and care about each other.

• It's not a big deal, it's cool. By the time I'm around your age or less, I'd like to give younger guys a try.

• The only thing that worries me about age difference is the future. When you're 50 he'd only be 40. So does he want children of his own? As long as your future is planned out and he knows how the age differences affects the future

• My mom was 10 years older than my dad, and they were really really happy together!

• the older you get the less the age gap matters. 50 and 40 is not as weird as 28 and 18 for example.

• As long as he treats you right and makes you happy who cares about the age gap, your not hurting anyone

• no it's not. My exes were 23 and 18 lol

• age does not matter if you want him

• My friend at works husband is ten years younger than her

• i've dated a boy 10 years younger and i didn't care about the age gap much. it's not even an issue.

• mind over matter.

• I like a man 7 years younger. Who cares if you have chemistry age is a no factor.

• I would prefer the guy to be older.. thought he would be more matured in his thinking

• When you love someone nothing matters

• Hmm i thought it would go... that the majority of women go for older men, simply because they would have matured a bit.. But honestly i think it depends on the woman. I think some would like a guy thats young and a bit silly and fun-loving, immature but ONLY when they choose the right moments to be immature. With my parents.. my mum is older than my dad by 2yrs and they are in their 40's and i have a boyfriend who is just a year younger than me. And No age is not a number 'AGE' is a word.. but yea... my best friends parents are like 15 years apart she was in her 30s and he was in his 50s. (But they did divorce later on)... years after tho...

• Age is nothing but a number as long as both of them are over 18 then age should not matter.

• He's not likely to replace you, he's nearly 40 so sex drives big going to compel him to seek a replacement as long as he's getting fulfilled And he's happy.

• yes, i think it is better the guy be older