Should I tell my date that I have the Aspergers syndrome?

I've been dating this guy for a few weeks now, everythings fine but he already started to notice "weird" patterns in my behaviour. He would sometimes say that I'm weird (in a nice way), should I tell him I have autism?

55

Most Helpful Guy

• As someone who also has it and has told a lot of people, it often helps them to know about it because a lot of people know someone else with it. it's a pretty serious good sign if they know someone else with it.
    But bring it up when the conversation drives for it rather than "Hi, I got Aspergers."

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him! If he has a problem with it then he isn't for you! The guy I like has aspergers and it doesn't faze me one bit as it shouldn't.

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah tell him. It's only fair on him so he can decide whether or not he wants to carry on dating you.

• Yes. It's nice to be honest.

• I told my last girlfriend like 7 times that I'm a savant before she got the message. She didn't quite grasp that I'm emotionally retarded, and need things spelled out for me before she was gone.

• I would tell him at least be honest with him to see how he feels about it.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes u should! better than not telling the truth, and if he doesn't love u for who u are, he isn't worth it. Hopefully he will love u for who u are.

• Yes.

• Yes and then help him understand.

• Yes. It will help him understand some of your quirks better.