Anyone have some advice?

I honestly dont think, Im ever going to get a girlfriend because, I dont have any friends and have given up trying to make any. I get treated like shit by people at work and people assume, I am stupid. MY coworkers say nasty things about me within ear shot because they think, Im too stupid to notice and, I already tried talking to my boss about it but it didn't work. I can't quit my job because, I need the money for school. I am nice to others and, I am considerate so why are people mean to me?

34

Most Helpful Girl

• With that attitude? You're right, you probably won't ever get a girlfriend. In my opinion, the best relationships stem from friendships, so if you've given up on making friends you've given up any hope of a good relationship. I'm sorry to hear that you're treated badly, especially if that treatment is completely unwarranted, as you say it is. And as hard as it is, it sounds like you're just going to have to put up with it or find another job. However, I don't see how this is related to you not being able to get a girlfriend. Is it a self esteem thing? Are you not confident enough to talk to girls because of the way you're treated at work? If that's the case, then there are ways you can improve on that. Bottom line, just because some of the people in your life treat you badly doesn't mean you'll never be able to find someone.

• Yeah it does have to do with my lack of confindence, I have to deal with people questioning my intelligence, even my own family thinks, Im stupid. I had a quite a few girls in public school call me ugly, so my self esteem could use some work.

• I guess you just have to remind yourself that those people aren't the sorts of people you really want to have in your life, anyway. If you're trying your hardest, then you have no reason to let other people manipulate how you feel about yourself. Just keep trying to be your best, and the right people will see that in you. The worst thing you could do right now is give up hope.

Most Helpful Guy

• they probably pick on you cause you act this way, and know they'll get a reaction, stop giving a fuck dude, you're just putting fuel in the fire, sounds like you can't take a joke either, start searching for other jobs and just switch jobs when you land one

What Girls Said 2

• I am so sorry, its horrible people can be so mean and cruel. There you should be more people like you in this world, then it be a much nicer place.

Do not give up hope, there will definitely be people out there who respect you and will love you. I know its hard to do but you have to stay strong and not let them get you down. I definitely believe in karma and it will have its way.
    Continuing on as you are will be the best revenge in the end, since you will go on to do better than them and also find true love and friendship.

• Pick yourself up & next time they say shit, walk over to them and ask them if they'd like to repeat what they said. Usually a little bit of aggression is enough to show them you aren't playing around but if they challenge you anyway or repeat what they said just give them the fakest smile possible and tell them you don't give a fuck.

You aren't going to get a girlfriend if you aren't confident enough to stand up to your coworkers.

What Guys Said 3

• You answered your own question. You're too nice. People take advantage of the weak.

• try tinder bro, where I met my girlfriend :)

• Probably because you are a ery decent, smarter than average, polite, non-threatening guy.

They have to let out a dose of aggression, and they pick the safest target. It's logical.

But you absolutely can get girlfriends; I have gotten many over the last 10 years (while males and colleagues have always mistreated me the same way you report).