What common trait among the opposite sex do you find the most annoying, and why?

4477

Most Helpful Girl

• When they claim that being a nice guy is the reason women don't like them because we all like jerks.

Bitch no, we just like men that don't think holding a door open and kissing my ass entitled them to anything. Be a multidimensional person.

• I'm a nice guy. Very sweet. Sometimes shy. PM?

• Really? lol, I always like to see the top ones first.

• @awhitevwolfa Maybe it's like that in movies...

Most Helpful Guy

• Being relatively quiet and non-verbal while making love, leaving a man to wonder if his partner is on the brink of an orgasm or instead has gone to sleep.

• wow you really suck at it or you had reaaaaally bad luck with your partners

• @JamesCX No, I am a very attentive lover and have never had a problem satisfying my partner but I have had a few recently who are wet fish. When women get older, their libido decreases and that is not their partner's fault. When you start being involved with post-menopausal women, you will understand.

What Girls Said 43

• When men expect you to look picture perfect all of the time.

If you're attractive and single, they think something must be wrong with you.

• 3|7
  • The amount of desperation for sex they have

• But you love it... because it makes you feel empowered

• It makes you think of your (more intense) cravings, and it's not flattering, eh?

• I don't know what your saying in the first part. No it's not flattering it's annoying af.

• The arrogance of men when they automatically assume that there's something there when you're just being polite and courteous. No, just because we're talking to you doesn't mean we automatically wanna sleep with you.

• Don't flatter yourself. You're not exactly attractive.

• @George92 I'm just not sure what your point is. I don't go for morons. In fact I'm not dating anyone and I'm not interested in dating anyone, full stop. I also am polite and courteous to anyone that speaks to me regardless of gender or age or race. I just don't appreciate it when people assume manners and a smile means I wanna fuck them. That's all.

• @LoloWaye I was just telling her to not flatter herself because she's not even attractive. No big deal.

• Not communicating about how they REALLY feel even AFTER you told them you want to know/ you care/ you won't get mad/...

• Maybe it's just the men around me, but it seems like guys have a knack for not being able to control their frickin anger. My dad and brother both scream and throw/ break things when they're pissed. I've got a couple of Co-workers that throw tools and scream obscenities when things don't go perfectly. It's childish and annoying as all get out. It makes me wish I could send them to time-out because that's the most fitting punishment for such immature behavior.

• Entitled, shallow. I am an average looking girl who doesn't have the patience to care what i look like 24 hrs a day. Average to below average men EXPECT pretty girls smh... Some days I go all out, others I prefer a basic tshirt and jeans. 2 of the people I dated were more often than not embarrassed of me. What confuses me is that they were never the best looking, or superbly dressed... I don't like to be treated like some doll. I also don't expect him to be all the time either...

• Funny, that's the way many men see girls. Maybe it's just a human problem?

• I know shallow women too... I have a sister that is shallow as they come and she is a 6 at best on a 10 point scale. I don't have many friends I tend to hide from irritating ass humans.

• Needing multiple girls.
    Can't be honest about dumb shit.
    Uses your feelings against you to get what they want.
    Makes you feel special just to keep you around. Makes you feel guilty when you find out they were lying about some shit.
    Doesn't see a woman as "gf material" because she had sex with him too soon, even though he had sex with her too and she more than likely has feelings for him.
    Gets mad when she wants to wait for sex because she didn't wait as long in the past, even though he knows those experiences with guys turned out horrible.
    Thinking she needs to fully trust him just because he's a different person means he different from everyone else even though he hasn't shown her.
    Doesn't attempt to make sure you cum from sex too.
    Thinking a woman is crazy because she finally tells you off for dumb shit.
    Not wanting to use protection but will blame the girl if she gets pregnant.

I'll add more soon.

• Another one : Men who insult women because they don't like what they have to say.

• Oops sorry wrong comment, lol.

• @MusicMayhem No one should be walking on egg shells. But you shouldn't trust someone completely just because they're new. You don't know them well enough for that. Complete trust comes over time

• Bragging about what they do in private with girlfriends or wife sexually

• The throwing around of “she’s needy” or “she’s clingy” as if that automatically makes everything her fault and absolves him of all possible blame if the relationship goes south. It takes two to tango.

Oh, and what you sometimes chose to characterize as “persistence”—girls can just as easily see that as desperation and an inability to recognize boundaries or realize that you are not every female’s type.

Just my (two cent) rant.

• ahh when my sister its complaining to me about her SO. I always say "you are so needy" yo piss her off xD but she isn't.

• Sigh. Yep. That’s one way to do it.

• Not respecting people who haven't done anything to deserve disrespect.

• I think the way guys don't actually deal with issues bothers me most. It's understandable if you don't want to deal with your own... but a lot of times it disables the partner from being able to be honest about their own heart, and this refusal to be real kills intimacy 😕

Vulnerability breeds vulnerability.

• Rudeness paired with stupidity

• trying to "fix" something when you never asked them to. Offering solutions to things that they see as a problem or issue, when in reality, they're not.

• That's just how we see things. If there is a problem we work on finding a solution. Otherwise, what's the point of talking about it?

• Arrogance and disrespect.

• Sometimes the whole peacocking behaviour. Bragging about their crazy parties they went to and try to act super smart with all kinds of 'difficult words' or acting tough at the gym. One time I went to the gym with a friend and I wasn't experienced at all and he could lift in almost everything way more ofcourse, except for squads, because I have naturally strong legs. He got all butthurt and ignored me and went home. Just what the hell.

I also hate it if guys get super butthurt from being rejected. I'm saying it normally and don't lead you on and I'm suddenly a whore for rejecting you. Okay.

I hate about girls when they act like a 'tough gal' with street language and posts on Facebook but in fact they're 16 year old girls who do their homework, go to Starbucks and don't know anything about life.

• When they refuse to see or understand your point of view!! I think there is a general lack of maturity in guys these days too

• I think the main thing, is the lack of maturity especially in guys that are around my age. There are a few others things too.

• Being so desperate around girls

• Admit that you love it when it's a guy that you're into... Because if he wasn't somewhat desperate for you --> you'd see that as lack of attention lol

• I disagee. I don't like desperate. Major turn off. I almost didn't date a guy because of it.

• agreed with TripleAce. If its a guy you really like, then it won't matter that much. Double Standards we have with people we like. lol

• When they compete over who is most manly. Or who gets laid most.

• Perverts, players, cheaters and last but not least, bad boys!!
    They are just piggies!!

• chill down haha
      you can't tell me you see in every guy at least 1 thing you hate. I mean some are just morons but it really comes off as if you have a real hate against guys in general

• I don't hate guys, I hate those PIGGIES. XD

• Video gaming.

• I find the dominating nature annoying. I can feel it when they open the door for me, or hold my stuff. Like I can't. :)

• I hate that other guys expect me to be that way.

• When they aren't confident and instead act like someone else.

• This isn't all but some guys especially guys my age tend to be super insensitive and think it's funny to joke about dumb shit that actually hurts people's feelings.

• Guys who ghosted. It just lead people on...

• In general, how men care about other's opinions.

• When they catcall and staarrreeee

• having 1000 girl friends to feel special.

• More from Girls
    13

What Guys Said 76

• I don't like to generalize in any way but there are some issues I encounter when I'm getting close to a woman romantically. Granted, I don't always make the best choices when it comes to this stuff either. Anyway, in my experience I've come across quite a few women who have a laundry list of expectations for me simply due to my gender. I, on the other hand, don't do that with any women I date. I don't have gender roles or expectations for women at all. I believe in complete equality when it comes to this. We can both lean on each other, take each other on dates, support the other if they're having a tough time, etc. Despite this, I seem to get close to women who embrace this double standard. It's okay to have expectations for me as a man but it would be an outrage for me to do the same (not that I ever would). This causes a lot of resentment on my side because I just want to be treated the way I treat her. That and I like to give a lot and I get annoyed with people who just get comfortable taking.

It kind of makes me wary about pursuing relationships to be honest. It makes me more comfortable just being a lone wolf. I know I can always achieve the expectations I put on myself. I haven't closed the door on them but it's something I don't actively pursue. If something good comes my way sure I'll consider it. I need to have a better selection process lol

• I like this , i feel the same. can you tell me what kinds of things women end up expecting of you?

• When they don't wanna take responsibility for their actions. They're a strong woman, but when they fuck up and shit hits the fan, they become princesses in distress. There's no feminists in a house fire.

Not taking the initiative when it comes to dating. Bitch, stop whining about being single if you think you're too good to approach a guy. Stop crying no one loves you when all you do is wait and wait and wait.

• Not being direct about anything

• My most number one annoying trait I hate. Is being complacent in dating and guys to initiate everything in dating. From texting/initiating conversations to setting up dates, it's real fucking annoying.

• I really really hate that sense of entitlement that comes with dating from women these days. You seriously can't be a feminist and believe in old fashioned dating.

• I agree that it should be a give and take... but for some reason if the woman initiates anything (other than sex, and sometimes even that) you guys interoperate it as neediness.

• Hypocrisy. More specifically wanting/thinking they deserve men with qualities that they themselves do not possess.

• - Feeling spoiled by the extra attention girls get for their gender
    - Not getting to the point. I am good at reading people, but it's still annoying as heck when never saying what they want.
    - Hivemind thinking. Just agreeing with another girl because she has the same gender. Holy fuck, this is probably one of the most annoying things that some girls do.

• The matter of saying what you mean is a big one for me. If you hungry for something, tell me. When I hear the words, "I don't know. " When I ask you where you want to eat. I lift my hands on the air and just give up.
    When I say, "Hey babe, how are you today?" And the first thing you tell me is, "Oh I'm fine." I will flip a couples tables. Just because my brain can't do it itself.
    In closing for this dubious rant. Ladies for the love of all that is holy. Please say what you mean, or a least let me in on what you're thinking. Because me as well as every other guy, are not psychics!

• Look at all these girls triggered lololol

• -equality when they like it, traditionalism when it's more convenient for them
    -whining about how a guy hasn't approached her when she is fully capable of doing that herself
    -talking about guys who won't put up with the previously mentioned bullshit as if they're not good enough for you, or implying they're less of a man
    -saying "the person who does the asking should pay" knowing damn well that it won't be her
    -thinking they're above us because of all the attention they get as a result of being a 20 year old girl
    -setting ridiculous standards when they have nothing to offer themselves (men do this too though)
    -deciding to take things slow with guys who are serious when they have a history of flings
    -flaking so often they got dandruff
    -talking about things that are personal to us or me to her girl friends.

• -Oh and of course, dating and hooking up with clearly shitty men and whining about how men only want one thing, or that their boyfriends don't treat them good.

• 1. when they complain about the situation but never want to solve the problem
    2. when they always have to hint but never ask, if you need just ask
    3. ask me for advice say they gonna act on it then dont for reasons i guess
    4. complain about their weight but dont regulate their eating
    5. feel the need to bite your head off because they feel in a bad mood
    6. they are unable to make a simple decision on a matter and follow it a lot with " uuuuummmm I dunno"

this is all rare things but still anoying when they happen haha

• Their vile mix of sanctimonious and smarmy behaviour; naturally with some extra hypocrisy for seasoning.
    I find it disgusting because it's cheap and weak, yet people always seem to let it slide.

• That some girls ask for your Honest opinion, and when you give it, no matter how polite, they'll be pissed off at you

• the fact that they think because guys need sex, they automatically feel we can't do without them, so they start acting up, with an overdose of attitude

• Observing women in my area lead me to believe there is lesser individualism in women, it is still there, however less of it.

will fuck a gorillion guys and tell men not to judge them on their past

4'11, say a guy that is 5'10 is too short

Overly emotional.

How scary it is they can hide their true nature.

The fact most of them lean to the left wing.

• I think the worst trait in a female is that they never really just want to be freinds. Either they start crushing on you, or they start to eventually assume that you got a crush on them and then the whole freindship is ruined.

• The entitled princess syndrome.
    Not every female has it, but a decent chunk of the population does

• When some women are too cowardly about certain people such as prejudging a guy by calling him a "creep" or "stalker" just because he knew her name before she introduced herself. Also I hate how most women are afraid of being sluts yet fuck guys that are only "hot". Basically they should have preferences but they are too selective towards certain men and give off mean rejections to men who are a little bit on the weaker looks side.

• As a woman my opinion is: You're 99% right. That's somehow a common trait that they want a "good boyfriend" but when a cute, nerdy boy asks her out they are like "uhmm no sorry".

• Exactly!!!

• WHAT I HATE IS WHEN THEY ASK YOU TO HOLD THEIR PURSE OR BAG...
    I love you so I'll have to say yes, smile and won't ever complain. however Jesus Christ I hate being used as one giant walking purse!
    "the reason I didn't bring a bag or anything myself is because I didn't want to carry one around this whole time! "

• backpack for life hahahaha Next time she asks you to be holding your bag just take pictures obviously and when she asks "Babe I'm just taking pics of your bag for ebay. You don't need it otherwise you wouldn't tell me to hold it the whole time"

• Changes her mind often and can't decide.
    Wears too much makeup.
    Mind games.
    Gossips about other girls.
    Being shy or too quiet
    Being sassy or bossy.
    Putting others down to feel better about heself.
    Selfies. If she posts selfies a lot it would drive me insane.

• The whole beauty and make-up thing. My girl thankfully doesn't dabble in make up, but them eyelashes... they're not necessary to make a face that's already beautiful, beautiful. $85 not worth.

Also, I'm surprised that phone icon in the picture isn't on both the male and female speech bubble.

• Entitlement. Women who think they are entitled to having guys approach them when they do no work. Women who feel entitled to have free lunch for being invited out. Those kind of women are the bane of relationships.

• women are passive when it comes to meeting guys

• Being too submissive, it disgust me, they become more like a thing not a person

• lots of girls fell like they're entitled just because they have a vagina

• They are manipulative, inconsistent on what they mean, expect you to be a telepath, hypocrisy, expect you to do something cause you have a penis, never taking the lead in anything, feminist, and feeling entitled to everything cause they have a vagine.

• Using the word "like" in every sentence. Drives me nuts.

• i hate girls who don't show that they are appreciating what you do for them.

• Most of them low sex drive , don't get horny occasionally like we do.

• Too emotional
    Lack logic
    Entitlement
    Not being direct
    Boring
    Too submissive

• This is interesting.
      I've made quite the opposite experiences. Many guys seem to be scared by how direct & logical I am because they don't know how to handle it. Especially since I can't keep my logic in check which makes me blurt out things every now & then.
      & on a sidenote, the 'too emotional' trope has never been attributed to me, lol.

• Preach 🙌

• girls are confusing AF they say something do somethibg else and actually mean something totally different

• More from Guys
    46