We met on Twitter & he asked me out on a date bc he saw my pictures and thought I'm beautiful but I'm not so pretty in reality. What should I do?

This guy and I met through a mutual friends social media and have grown from being friends to really liking eachother. He's a really decent guy who I would like to make my boyfriend and I'm sure he wants the same as he's been asking me out for the past 2years but I've just been making up excuses. He's been patient with me because he thinks that perhaps my past relationship experiences have made me weary of love but the truth is I'm scared to actually go out and meet up with him bc I look different from the pictures I post on social that he has seen. He thinks I'm thin, beautiful and tall but in reality I used a lot of apps to alter my appearance so that I look hotter than I actually am. I really like him but I am scared that he might reject me when we actually meet because I like him so much , I can't picture myself with anyone else. What should I do?

52

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok so I don't know how bad your scenario is but meet up with him. If you want to make it less drastic when you meet up, post natural pics from different angles just to ease it in. Looks aren't everything, trust me. Go get em tiger.

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you me? I look decent in pics but in reality I'm like a literal potato. I relate to you a lot.

What Guys Said 1

• Get your ass up and go on a date with him

What Girls Said 4

• Go for it.

• STORY OF MY LIFE I'm like embarrassed to meet people because I feel like I'm uglier in person hahaha

• Filter struggles are real.

• Don't meet up