Why do people feel like they need to wait to respond to texting people they like?

I don't get it. Why wait to text someone that you are interested in? If you like them, don't you want them to know?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• People are afraid of looking over eager, or just over analyzing their crush's response on what to say.

I'm in this situation right now. I literally didn't respond to her last message until 2 1/2 days later, but mainly because I was confused on her last message when she responded to me asking if she wanted to hang out, when she said "take care!" at the end, like she wanted to end the conversation. I doubt she likes me back too

Most Helpful Girl

• LOL I don't get it either. like "oh no this person i like will know i like and value them. the horror"

What Guys Said 4

• Dont want to risk stepping on toes. Is the phrase I'd say would best describe what they are doing.

• I agree. It's childish.

• being too eager can be a bad thing, makes people think you are too inexperienced. also I have learned, too many times, just because you like someone doesn't mean they like you back and that truth fucking hurts.

• Not in the right mood, or are afraid of being perceived as overly interested.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!