My boyfriend wants to get married to me?

So, my boyfriend and I both wanna get married. But here's the catch, we aren't old enough and are still in high school. We've discussed a promise ring, but I don't know what else to do. I feel the thing with the most common sense is just to stay dating til we can get married. But I want to make it clear, that we want to get married. So how would I go about doing so?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• What I would say is defiantly WAIT, stuff could happen before then to break up and get angry plus you can't get married until high schools over so what would be the point? You can't show that much affection until you're married and their is no point because you need to know this is something really serious and should be taken serious as someone you marry is someone you will be spending your whole life with! Wait!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Nuh uh, nopity nope nope. you realise that high school lovers turned husband and wife relationships are more likely to divorce right? you're brain isn't fully developed, you're not even an adult. your frontal cortex is won't be full developed until you're like 25, take this shit slowly. marriages mean money, aka you need a steady job, you're gonna need a house or apartment, aka more money and the fact that you've barely been through any real relationship struggles for the fact that you're in high school. chances are, you won't work out. wait until you're out of college and get a job and you can be financially and emotionally stable.

• πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» I love your comment πŸ˜„β˜ΊοΈπŸ˜„ well said~πŸ˜‰

What Guys Said 4

• Wait it out. Make it out of high school together and give it another couple of years.

• congrats!

• What is his real reason?

• don't get in this trap now. wait for few years

What Girls Said 2

• You guys are very young. Your feelings will change and you'll be attracted to other people. Its possible that it'll work out but its not likely. Just make sure this is really what you want to do because divorces are expensive. If you want to get married you can get married underage eith your parents consent. If they do not consent then you need to wait until you're 18.

• You should continue dating for now and then when you graduate and think it's the right age, you can then get married. Plus marriage is a long way from where you are. Surely you might have plans but plans can change and you never know who u end up falling for in the future. When you're old enough and have the maturity you then can decide if there is a chance.