Is there an age limit on watching cartoons?

do you think that watching cartoons as adult is childish. what age do you think is it okay for you to watch cartoons and it not be weird. or is watching it at any age okay.(Anime counts as a cartoon)

1914

Most Helpful Girl

• No. It's not childish. Cartoons weren't just made for kids but for the general audience. Just that after a while society as a whole besides your peers around you begins to influence and change how you think, if you were a social conformist. I mean, majority of us as kids were social conformist to each other at one point before we settle into our identity as people. I began to think it was childish to continue to watch old preschool shows as I made it towards middle school. Nowadays I don't care what people think of me on that level. Long as I enjoy it and it's innocent and not some brainwashing garbage then I'll watch it as long as I choose. Just don't get too attach to it.

Most Helpful Guy

• There is none whatsoever. I don't think I will ever grow tired of anime + I still rewatch some stuff from the old Cartoon Network

What Girls Said 18

• Anime isn't a cartoon since its normally not for children. But there isn't an age limit on either, many adults still watch cartoons with their children.

• Not at all. Some cartoons are so awesome. I watch kids movies too lol They put me in a good mood and better frame of mind at times.

• No, some cartoons are only for adults. Like the simpsons, family guy, South Park, American dad, and many more. Even the children cartoons, like spongebob, have hidden dirty jokes everywhere specifically for the adults watching the show.

• Any age is fun, they're often made to have entertainment for us elderly folk layered in.

• Hell no! I'm 35 and still watch cartoons.

• Not at all.
    Even if Anime are considered "cartoons" here in the west, there are a bunch of Anime directed at an older audience. I don't remember the name, but a friend told me about one directed at people age 35+, so...
    No, there is no age limit at all.

• Ummmm... Anime does NOT count as a cartoon. \*(-_-) Completely separate category. And never. You're never too old to watch cartoons in my opinion. :-)

• I think you're never too old to do things you enjoy.

• nope i am 22 and i still like to watch CN

• what? no. why do we need age limit for everything? and Cartoons ain't no children's play

• I'm a huge anime fan. Always have been. I also watch sponge bob here and there. I don't see why there should be an age limit on cartoons. Doesn't seem to be an age limit of watching other things.

• You can watch whatever you want to. There are plenty of people who think it's normal and plenty of people who don't. Personally, I'm down for watching spongebob every once in awhile lol.

• Hell no, I'm 32 and still watch cartoons and anime

• For me, there is no limit in watching. But I would find it weird if someone over 25 is still obsessed with cartoons

• No, cartoons are good for all ages. There are a lot of puns in these cartoons that kids wouldn't understand, but as adults we get it. I love SpongeBob, that is one crazy cartoon.

• No I do not think that watching cartoons is weird! I love animated movies and it is just a personal preference. Some people tend to enjoy horror comedy or romance... animation or as you put it cartoon is just another genre of movies and its open to any age group :)

• Nope

• No never! 😊

What Guys Said 13

• having a kid definitely makes it less weird haha

• anime isn't cartoons, and yes I still watch cartoons and I still watch anime. anime gamer till I die, belive it

• Some anime is not for children. Horror and gore are the 2 prime examples in some anime.

There is no age limit.

People who said otherwise haven't watched them yet.

• If you enjoy something, why should it matter what anyone else thinks?

• i mean what if you find your girl watching dora the explorer. i might start to think she is "special" lol

• I would poke fun of her, but if she truly enjoyed watching it, then it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

• children's cartoons maybe 25 family guy and American dad count too. anime is a little diffrent so maybe 30 years old

• No , cartoons are for all age groups. Psychiatrist are using cartoons
    to stimulate the brains of elderly people diagnose with Alzheimer's /
    Dementia this is what they found within since the early 90's.

• No. Especially if its porn cartoons

• No...

• No, because Archer is aimed at adults only.

• There is lower age limit, but no upper.
    Sometimes it's better to distance us from cruel reality through fantasy, and that's what cartoons mostly are.

• My girlfriend is 20 and absolutely loves her cartoons. Then again her dream is to be a cartoonist!

I think it's absolutely fine no matter how old you are.

• Cartoons are made by adults.

• I know porn has restriction, didn't know cartoons have them too