Should I date a divorced woman?

I'm 35, single (never been married before). She's 20, divorced (She never tell me this. I heard it from someone else). I would never in a million year think this young lady has been married before, but apparently she did and her ex husband was abusive. I've never date a divorced woman before so I don't even know where to start. She doesn't look like she was divorced, she never let that show, she doesn't let that define her. She appears to be a smart, happy, lively woman. She laughs a lot. She seems into me. I'm madly into her I think about her all the time. We stare into each other eyes and I really do feel like we're into each other. I was going to ask her out then I heard from a trusted source that she's divorced for my information. Should this make me think any differently about her? Should I ask out a divorced woman? She's much younger than me I can't imagine what it feels like to be married and divorced at such young age.

34

Most Helpful Girl

• Give it a try. Just because she's divorced, it doesn't mean she's damaged goods. Just try to be sweet and caring, divorced people have gone through a lot.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see what the issue is unless it's the spread in age. Being divorced is not a deal breaker, IMHO.

• At this age being single honestly there's a lot of pressure on me when it comes to the marriage issue.
      But setting that aside, I don't feel like she's immature or anything I feel like she's a nice, feeling girl. She's pretty smart she knows what she's doing. Sometimes she jokes around like a kid (pretty rarely) but for the most part sometimes I forget about her age just talking to her. I just like her as a person and when I look at her her being 20 is not the first thing that comes to my mind.

• Don't let anyone put pressure on you due to your age. I got married right before I turned 25 and my wife died five months after we were wed. I've been a widower for ten years now, and I don't feel the need or pressure to find a wife.

A plus is that the woman you are interested in got divorced to get out of an abusive relationship. It shows that after making a bad choice for a husband, she was mature enough to realize her situation and took the appropriate steps to remove herself from a toxic environment.

Bottom line, go for it but do it for the right reasons. That is, no pressure and you have deep, sincere feelings for her.

What Girls Said 2

• yes you should, divorce doesn't mean anything. it sucks that she was in an abusive relationship. we all make mistakes, understand her, she was young, all that matters is that she is a great person

• yeah you should. it doesn't change anything

What Guys Said 3

• It happens occasionally. If there's no children from the marriage then I wouldn't worry about this at all. I would worry more about the age difference.

• There is no children from that marriage.
      I spent like a week after learning about her age thinking about it but the more I talk to her the more I forget how old she is and just focus on how much I like her as a person. We're pretty much the same place in life except she's still in school to be in a better place in life.

• There will probably be extra emotional baggage because of the abuse a in addition to the drama that usually comes from women of that age group. It will make the relationship more challenging - are you up to it?

• She never did anything dramatic in my opinion. She's pretty calm, friendly to everyone, and smiles a lot. I think she's a nice person.

• Sure.. no problem.. they deserve a chance.