Honestly would you date someone who was socially awkward or took themselves too seriously?

• Yes
  • No never
  • Other
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

615

Most Helpful Guy

• If the awkwardness was too awkward, then no. But if it can be fixed by talking it out and helping them overcome it and so on, then yes, I would date someone who was socially awkward for sure. Of course I know it wouldn't happen overnight but I still would date them. Social awkwardness isn't that big of a deal honestly. Now taking themselves too seriously can bring the relationship down because it affects them and that translates into the relationship and makes the partner feel bad or in a tough situation. Thinking about their flaws and having the feeling of not being worth it, is not helping your partner or the relationship. It just causes stress and more stress. Let go. Learn to take a joke, laugh at yourself, people make mistakes, don't be too hard on yourself, and etc. It happens. You are your biggest critic. I'm hard on myself but I don't let that translate in public or with my partner. I guess I could date someone like that but our first encounter would have to be nice and inviting and relaxing and not forced or uneasy and when I start learning more about her, I would try to help her become better in the relationship. I chose yes.

Most Helpful Girl

• for me personally it depends how socially awkward
    abit shy is ok but i don't want someone who can't hold a conversation it wouldn't suit me i am naturally very shy so i prefer to be with someone who is more confident than i am

What Guys Said 14

• socially awkward I would as I am too, but not that bad. someone who takes themselves way too serious not a chance as I am sarcastic and I joke around a lot, so someone like that, though experience, is no fun to be around.

• yeah i agree here. i probably wouldn't want to "date" someone that didn't share the same humor as me as they'd be too hard to be around haha

• A socially awkward goofball is incredibly cute to me, but not if she hasn't developed a sense of humor about it. I'm afraid that's too incompatible if she lacks the latter quality.

• In my case a great deal of what determines compatibility for me with a girl is if we can establish a playful and humorous vibe.

• I would be open to it. I can't say for sure without actually hanging out with them and seeing how our personalities click.

• How do you mean that they take themselves to seriously?

• Like they're too concerned with how they come off to people and don't joke around very often

• O well as long as she does not have to tight of an ass. Then I probably would but I'm a Sanguine so I would most likely be to fun and outgoing for her.

• Sure, why not?

• That's pretty much my preferred type, lol.

• awkward yes, someone who always takes themselves seriously and never has a sense of humor would be a turnoff

• Yes why would it be a problem? I don't think so.

• Socially awkward yes not sure about taking themselves too seriously as I don't take myself too seriously but am socially awkward.

• Socially awkward is not a problem at all.

Taking oneself too seriously can be a big problem.

• I'd probably prefer it.

• Sure. On a case by case basis.

• Yes to the former, but no to the latter.

• Yes I would

What Girls Said 5

• i have dated someone like that once, he was an amazing person to talk to, very smart, but too serious, which was sometimes really annoying. i think a person has to find a middle ground, he shouldn't treat every situation with humor and he shouldn't be too serious or negative.

• Sure, why is it so bad? Everyone has things about them that aren't the most desireable.

I don't think being socially awkward makes a person a bad partner. They may benefit from being in a relationship.

• I've been around the worse kinds of socially awkward people who blurt out inappropriate things, talk too much, don't let anyine get a word in edgewise in the conversation and basically just embarrass you and throw you under the bus for being around them so no to that. People who take themselves too seriously are insecure and controlling so no to that too. Neither of those are good. I've had bad experiences with both.

• it'd make me feel less embarrassed about my own awkwardness

• Me in a nutshell :( I'm in progress.

• So, of course wouldn't be a hypocrit, but it wouldn't also be good for me, though.