Would you dump someone you're happily with If you aren't sure you will end up marrying them?

71

Most Helpful Girl

• No because I'm not even sure if I want to get married and I'm not a long time thinker. I might get married after my 30's but that's 10 years from now. The chances are not very high I will meet the person I get married with later right now. I live in the moment of the relationship and see how things go.

• Thats how I kind of feel thak u

• I'm just realistic. A relationship will always be something you learn from and in my book I might only get married if we decided to have children. So marriage is more an optional thing for me.
      I do want a serious relationship though. But that stands aside from getting married.

Most Helpful Guy

• That made no sense!

What Girls Said 6

• No... this does not make sense,
    marriage is something that comes when you are 100 % SURE...
    None of us is sure yet if we are going to marry the person we are currently in a relationship with, that's why we are all in a relationship DUH !!!
    media.giphy.com/media/aVtdz7iNVPI1W/giphy.gif

• Being rude gets uour s thumbs down I agree with you but people down below dont

• Where was I being rude according to you?
      Honestly, there is no logic in having a relationship and ALREADY predicting the future that you will marry that person.
      If this came out rude I apologize, but this was not rude at all :/

• yes i would, that kind of "happiness" isn't gonna last forever. i personally never dated someone if i didn't see any kind of future with them, why waste time?
    if you are in a situation like that, don't fool yourself, some decisions are hard to make and staying single can be heartbreaking to you, but you will find someone worth being with forever, it might take time, just never lose hope <3

• Yeah probably. That happiness won't last forever so there's no point in dating them when I could be out looking for the person I'm going to be happy with forever.

• But your not 100% sure yet but this person makes youhappier then anyone you ever date. Hmm maybe your right how long does it take you to known if u will marry them?

• Aww soo did you both talk about getting maried one day? Yea see I was almost engaged to my ex girlfriend I was forced apart from.. she didn't really fight for me just cried then played victim. So since then I been taking things 1 day at a time with my new girlfriend of 8 months who makes me very happy... she pefect tbh but I don't know if she the one. can't really think anymore but I learned to take things 1 step at a time from her

• Ya we've talked about it in passing. We're both serious about each other and for now that's good enough for me. That's okay. I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out. It sometimes takes some people years to realise the person they're with isn't, or is the one.

• No, if I'm happy with them then I would stay.

• Nope, because, I love him.

• Yeah, Otherwise what's the point?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!