How can I get my boyfriend to be more truthful?

He is always lying about the stupidest things and it has ruined my trust so much and I want this relationship to work but we have been having so many problems in the past about him lying about little and bigger things and I just don't know what to do.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Leaving might be your only answer. He might straighten up his act if he realizes your relationship legitimately cannot survive without trust...

• Thank you I totally agree. I don't want to leave him because he treats me like a princess and not a lot of guys are like that it seems like so I need advice on what to say to him to really get him to understand that truth is all that we need right now.

• Lol, you're welcome... My goal is to cut through the bullshit and talk about what's REALLY going on... You think you can cut through the sweet talk and pity parties? :/

• Yes that's true I just need to be perfectly straight to the point, thank you :)

• Do you lie to him?

• Everyone lies, I get that, but no I'm a very very truthful person even about things that are hard for me to admit.

• you said it yourself "he lies about the stupidest things"... so why wouldn't he be lying about all of the not so stupid things? time to move on.

• It's just he has always just been scared or losing me, and has had a lot of problems which is why he has lied to me in the past, but he has gone to therapy and really has worked on himself but I just still have trust issues so it's hard, but I know he is working on being truthful with me no matter what it's about

• if he was scared of losing you, he shouldn't have lied to you to begin with, no excuses.