Would you date a person who is younger than you in age?

Would you date/be in a relationship with anyone youger than you in age? yes/no and why?

I won't and for me it doesn't matter how younger he is from me if its from a few months or a year to one day just knowing he's younger than me really turns me offWould You Date A Person Who Is Younger Than You In Age??

• Yes
    62%(18)84%(84)Vote93%(66)
  • No
    38%(11)16%(16)Vote7%(5)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

• I am engaged with a girl who is 3 years younger than me, she is in some aspects more mature than me, I am absolutely fine with her being younger than me. Anyway, I think that in your case, that's understandable. Let me explain, most girls rarely get engaged with a guy younger than them, they mainly prefer an older guy since they look for that sense of protection and because guys grown later than girls (from a moral point of view).

• yea thats exactly what I was thinking and the question in the first was targeted mostly to girls but I ended up getting a lot more replies from guys than girls :)
      For guys I was gonna if they feel comfortable dating older women

• Im an oldest in my house and I dont like it I dont like the feeling and I like having someone somewhat incharge over me

• I got your point of view, I would say it is absolutely normal ! ^^

Most Helpful Girl

• I have but I think I've learnt that i need/want someone a bit older than me, as the things I want in life right now, a lot of guys my age don't really want :/ It'd also be nice knowing that for once i won't be the 'mature' one in the relationship!

• totally agree with you :)
      Me as growing as the oldest sister and the more mommy like model in the house I think a lot more maturely than I should for the good and for the bad

• and for the bad and that just gives me a hard time dating cause I need someone thats a lot more mature than the usual guys my age

• Thanks for the MHO! :)

Ah i see, i get what you mean!

What Guys Said 37

• Yes, I would as long as it isn't too much younger (up to 5 years is okay, more is too much). Being quite a bit older than you, I can tell you that age becomes less and less important the older you get. Partially because the same time period is not the same anymore relative to your age. For example 2 years are A LOT for you (the difference between a 14-year old and a 16-year old is huge). For me, two years is a difference that's practically insignificant. I assume that is why some 60-year old folks can date people who are 15 years older/younger than them. At one point, it just doesn't matter so much anymore.

• It's actually women my own age who turn me off. Older or younger by at least five years is ideal. Ten years would be better.

And that's not some kind of age-play fetish or whatever, it's because the girls of my generation are all SERIOUSLY damaged goods. I don't know what happened to them, was it the TV programming, subliminal messages in their music, their fashion magazines, or what. . . but something really bad happened to them all at a young age and now, it's impossible to be in any kind of serious relationship with them. Their attitudes towards men, towards themselves, towards working hard, towards sacrificing and making due, it's impossible to love them unless you're a multi-billionaire with a cuckhold-fetish. And that's their dream man, too. Somebody to buy them everything they could ever want while they sleep around with the hottest guys they can find.

• So far the 3 girls I loved are younger than me.
    All of them have a big age gap :/ which is why it never worked.

Like 6 years +

• I only date younger girls

• Most guys date younger girls at least for what I have seen :) My original question was supposed to be would girls date youger guys and would guys date older women?
      Would you ever try or have dated a woman who is older than you?

• out of curiosity why?

• To be honest I haven't got a excuse

• Yes, because it's often not the age that matters, but the personality and quality of experience, not the quantity. This does not always come with age. It's the person that matters, not their age.

• I would but they definitely would have to be within the legal age range.

• Yeah i prefer younger women

• i have before

• I think for guys its more obvious they will so perhaps I should have asked it like this: If girls would date younger guys and if guys would date older women?
      Guys dating younger girls is something very common but would you date an older woman? :)

• Its just most guys I know date girls younger than them and biggest age gap I know is a year

• it's cool 3 years older and didn't change much

• yes, obviously depending on the age gap.

• It could be weird if they are way older or younger but not much otherwise

• agreed younger no and older is ok as long as the age gap isn't something crazy although I dont really mind age gaps

• I'm just kidding it's ok lol

• I would consider the intellectual capacity of the person as well as physical attributes.. being young is okay with me if our thinking match.. because for all I know there are a lot of people who are my age who don't think at all like me..

• Absolutely. I actually prefer younger.

• My crush is a year younger than me so yes, I'd have no problems with that.

• I can't, makes me feel like a pedo even if it is just like a year, I just can't πŸ˜‚

• Yeah I would

• the specific age in a relationship doesn't matter, its the age they act that does

• agreed yet for me its still somewhat of a turn off I can't really get past through

But their maturity is what matters most for me :)

• and as i said in before comments I need that feeling I feel with a guy thats older than me and its hard for me to feel that way when someone is younger than me

• well that's personal preference everyone has a type

• no I won't

• I have like a 5 years range when it comes to having a relationship. I would have a relationship with someone 5 years younger than me, from 6 down no way. Some says age doesnΒ΄t matter, but it does.

• Yes, Im currently single and I plan to be in a relationship soon. The lowest age I would go to date is 23 (going to be 24 this year).

• Yeah sure. Why not?
    You're 16, anyway. I wouldn't date younger if I was 16 either.

• Yep and this question was mostly targeted to girls and I got a ton of answers from guys and guys mostly date younger girls so Im asking the opposite XD
      Would you date an older woman?

• Sure. πŸ‘
      I give myself a 4 year gap.
      Anymore or any less seems like too much of a generation gap.
      If you know what I mean.πŸ˜…

• I'm engaged to someone 2 years younger than me. I would say it's fine according to maturity but there are ages that are off limits.

• Yep, but nothing under 18

• um yeah

• Yeah I would, my girlfriend is younger than me

• Yes, age is just a number i like younger women.

• sure. I've no problem. I'll enjoy your company

• Doesn't matter how old she is!

• I wouldn't mind if we love other and she understands me

• Sure as long as she's not too young

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, but my cut off is 20, soon to be 21 as I get dustier.

• my boyfriend is 3 years younger than me, so.. yes

• The younger, the better! πŸ˜‚

• yeah, now i'm in my late 20s

but probably only 3 years younger

• I wouldn't date anyone that was 3 or more years younger than me. But just a little i dont mind

• i prefer older