He texts me "hey beautiful" but never say it in person?

I've been dating this guy for several months and he would always text me "hey beautiful" or "morning beautiful" but he never said to me in person "you're beautiful"
Does this mean he doesn't mean it?

• He does mean it
    50%(2)55%(6)Vote57%(4)
  • He doesn't mean it
    50%(2)45%(5)Vote43%(3)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

• Actions speak louder than words. Does he make you feel beautiful? I think you're looking way too into this. Talk to him about it. But if you want my opinion, I don't think he means it OR he thinks he already said it to you today once so he doesn't think he should or feel the need to say it again to you, which is in person.

• he does say "aw you're cute" or "you look pretty" sometimes. he does show that he cares for me and we do have sex a lot. but i dont know.. :/

• Yeah, I think he means everything else but that word. Did you ever ask him why he doesn't say it to you?

• nah i dont want to ask him.. it would be awkward.

What Guys Said 2

• I know from experience that when I guy calls you something over text he means it with all his heart but he's to shy to tell you in person

• He's almost certainly just nervous

What Girls Said 2

• He could mean it and he could not really mean it my boyfriend is the other way around in a way he doesn't always tell me Im beautiful when we text but when we meet he won't stop telling me that... Maybe just talk to him about it ask him

• he would say "aw you look so cute" or "you look pretty" sometimes.. but I don't know :/

• I said because it only says it in texts it makes you feel like he's lying or he has a problem with the way you look :) Its a bug with the app that needs to reported sorry bout that

• oh ok all good :)

• he's flirting