I feel I'm spending too much time with my boyfriend?

This weekend I spent over 19 hours with my boyfriend ( I'm 16 btw) and then Monday in school I felt like I needed a break from hanging out with him.. is that a bad sign? I really like him but I feel I spend a lot of time with him and I as my own person find it hard to hangout with a friend more than two hours because I never have much to say or talk about and I'm someone who's just happy doing their own thing people tire me out uh

116

Most Helpful Guy

• That is a lot of time to spend with one person. It acceptable​ to want some alone time every once in awhile. The only thing I would be careful with is if you tell him you want alone time, actually be alone as if he see you hanging with someone else after you tell him you want alone time he might be hurt.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just explain to him you need some space for a bit. That is a lot of time to spend with your boyfriend and it's normal to want some time to yourself.

What Guys Said 5

• Maybe you're overthinking it. There's nothing wrong in spending 19 hours with your boyfriend. Just ask yoursef if you liked it. If the answer is yes you just stop worrying and enjoy it.

• tell him all that and he'll understand. maybe just copy paste send him to make the message more clear

• if you're counting are you really having fun seems like effort to me

• Yup, burning the candle at both ends. Sounds like he's smothering you and getting on your nerves. Maybe slow down a bit?

• You are right, since you don't get overtime pays

What Girls Said 10

• It's normal to need a break from 19 hours with your boyfriend nonstop, You should not think of it as a bad sign or whatever, just do whatever pleases your heart and mind.
    Don't jump into direct conclusions and overthinking situations...
    Just enjoy your time because you are young and you should have fun <3

• That's not a bad sign, being with the same person for 19 whole hours in just one weekend is a lot to handle for most people , whether their your boyfriend or not. I can only do that with certain people , it doesn't mean you like him any less or that you won't work out , it means you're not the type of person who can spend constant time with the same individual for that many hours. All relationships need a little space , being with a spouse 24/7 isn't always healthy either

• It's normal to want time alone, or without him.

• Nothing wrong with spending much time with your boyfriend. There's no standard in how much time you should spend together and how much alone time you need. If you're not feeling like hanging out, you should tell him that and that's not a bad sign. Everybody has that sometimes.

• You might not like him very much. When me and my husband were dating, we spent well over 19 hours with each other and never got bored being together. I might be wrong though, just have some alone time away from him and see if it'll make it better or if you still don't wanna be with him.

• Yes it's normal to want alone time. You are still so young and developing as a person. You don't have to be joined at the hip to anyone.

• Wtf how are all these teenagers getting all this time? I have four jobs

• go out with your friends for a little while but dont suddenly start ignoring him or anything

• OMG IM EXACTLY THE SAME! Like u hear a lot about as soon as u get boyfriend.. or ur friends get a boyfriend they may spend more time with them... u may lose touch with friends.. im kinda getting to that... but im also getting attached to my boyfriend and miss him and want to hang out with him all the time 😂😂😂 might as well live together. I can realte to u 100%

• Relate* but I don't know make the most of ur time with the friends u have now.. because soon u could have no one if u really need them... or u will begin to miss memories and etc. And that is really sad. And im not a fan of people and i dont have good people skills haha. But still worth to pay a visit or talk to them and catch up with them, once in a while. As long as u see them just for like an hour or a few moments a week or month.

• Im sure ur boyfriend will understand you and realise.. its okay gurl :)

• If you're happy then keep doing what you're doing: ignore what anyone else thinks and do what YOU want to do and whatever makes YOU happy. Put yourself first xxx