How to date your best friend?

So I realized that I was in love with my best friend a few months ago. I kind of started flirting with him and he flirted back. Fast forward to yesterday. He asked me out! I'm super excited, however I don't know how to make this different than what we've done in the past as friends. I already know everything about him and his family. What are some tips on dating your best friend?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't have to make it any different. They've already made it clear that they like the "you" you've been, so don't change it. That's the beauty of friendship evolving into something more. So, while I say "don't change" you could take it a step further however, standing closer, leaning on him, all those more intimate/affectionate things, which wouldn't be okay among friends, just to go up that little bit. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• What do you mean by "how"? You simply hang out with him, spend time with him and talk to him the same way that you did before. It's the same thing as if you're still friends, but you simply add the benefits of being in a relationship with them as well.

What Guys Said 2

• Dont need to do anything different
    Maybe just flirt with each other and hold hands

• it seems to me that all you do is actually the same, but add a little flirting into the mix

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!