Would you date a self-sufficient, motivated woman?

Men,
What are your thoughts on a self-sufficient, motivated woman? Would you date a woman like that? If so, what are the pros and cons of a self-sufficient, motivated woman?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's fine and maybe even preferable, but at the same time, I think that we have a tendency to denigrate the other side of the spectrum. Like, no one ever asks if they like timid men/women who will work a job for money, but don't really care about their career. I mean, I used to believe in the power couple but after a bad marriage, I've sort of come around to believing that that stuff just doesn't matter compared to virtually every other aspect of his or her personality.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Yes I would. I think the only con is that she may be too focus on achieving her career goals and not give much importance to our relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would.

Pro: I'd feel confident that she's dating me because she likes who I am, instead of liking me for what I can do for her. Basically, I'd feel more wanted than needed.

Con: I could see a woman like that pushing me away because I'm not needed.

It's a double edged sword.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would. She has shown herself to have positive attributes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I definitely would. having two incomes would allow us to have a great lifestyle. also being motivated is a must for any girl I date. I need my partner to have goals.

however... right now I'm not self-sufficient. I'm still in college etc... so at this time in my life I'd prefer to date a girl in a similar situation.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. My girlfriend is one of the most independent people I know and it's hella hot. She knows what she wants in life and goes for it.

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as she has respect for me I can even encourage her to be self sufficient

1|0
    0|0
  • hell yeahhh, power couples are goals

1|0
    0|0
  • I would as long as she isn't a workaholic and still makes time for me and our family.
    Also, I don't want her to have a feminist mindset, but she can work and be successful and that is fine. Just don't be one of those that are like, "I don't need a man for anything."

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Loading... ;