Would you date a self-sufficient, motivated woman?

Men,
What are your thoughts on a self-sufficient, motivated woman? Would you date a woman like that? If so, what are the pros and cons of a self-sufficient, motivated woman?

19

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's fine and maybe even preferable, but at the same time, I think that we have a tendency to denigrate the other side of the spectrum. Like, no one ever asks if they like timid men/women who will work a job for money, but don't really care about their career. I mean, I used to believe in the power couple but after a bad marriage, I've sort of come around to believing that that stuff just doesn't matter compared to virtually every other aspect of his or her personality.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• Yes I would. I think the only con is that she may be too focus on achieving her career goals and not give much importance to our relationship.

• Yes I would.

Pro: I'd feel confident that she's dating me because she likes who I am, instead of liking me for what I can do for her. Basically, I'd feel more wanted than needed.

Con: I could see a woman like that pushing me away because I'm not needed.

It's a double edged sword.

• I would. She has shown herself to have positive attributes.

• I definitely would. having two incomes would allow us to have a great lifestyle. also being motivated is a must for any girl I date. I need my partner to have goals.

however... right now I'm not self-sufficient. I'm still in college etc... so at this time in my life I'd prefer to date a girl in a similar situation.

• Yes. My girlfriend is one of the most independent people I know and it's hella hot. She knows what she wants in life and goes for it.

• As long as she has respect for me I can even encourage her to be self sufficient

• hell yeahhh, power couples are goals

• I would as long as she isn't a workaholic and still makes time for me and our family.
    Also, I don't want her to have a feminist mindset, but she can work and be successful and that is fine. Just don't be one of those that are like, "I don't need a man for anything."

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!