Why do ugly guys expect attractive women?

As an average/ below average looking woman I have dealt with my share of bullying. Through time I have developed my own way of picking men that I think will be the best for me. I seek out men who may understand me. For example I am not societies pick for body type, so I go for guys that are attractive to me but slightly off to most. Perhaps he's chubby, or small. The intent is to be with someone that may have dealt with the same criticism and will likely be less critical because the understand. Sadly I could't be any closer to wrong. The most unappealing guys STILL expect a near perfect 10. Fat guys call women fat, and guys with zero muscles complain about small chested women. Explain this to me? Should I rise my expectations to be as unrealistically high, or am i missing something here?

Thanks for the level headed responses that attempted to understand my point of view. Lots of fuckery here... I guess little fuckers have to take their hands off their tiny dick and ethug it at some point.

321

Most Helpful Guy

• You know, the way I see it is that it's all in the game. The thing is, for the most part, men and women aren't competing against other men and women. They're competing against the single life and unfortunately/fortunately being single really isn't that bad. I mean, sure some people REALLY want to be with someone and those people will get paired off quickly, but you should sort of expect high expectations from those who are satisfied with not being attached.

I mean, I'll be honest -- I'm a very short guy. And I learned a long, long time ago and short guys are not the most sought after, but you know what? I don't feel sorry for myself (or other short guys) because the women of the world do not owe me anything. Similarly, I don't feel sorry for fat girls either because no guys owe them either.

But in the end, I'd say that you just shouldn't worry because as I get older, looks matter less and less to me. It's not because looks fade with age (and they do) nor is it because I've "lowered" my standards, but because as you get older, you just learn that most of the criteria that you had for a prospective mate are a bunch of things that don't even fucking matter. But the things that do matter? I'm immovable on those points.

Most Helpful Girl

• Same reason why some not genetically blessed women expect attractive men.
    People get attracted to attractive individuals even if they themselves look like a pile of mud. It's not something that can be controlled.

• ya know when I focus on one side of an issue it is highly irritating to avoid the question i'm asking and make a pointless comparison. That is like me writing on a report about how celery is good and someone gets up and say carrots are too! Annoying af

• Nope. Women and men are both celery. I also answered your question. People get attracted to attractive individuals. They cannot condition themselves to be attracted to ugly people. That is not possible. So yes, there is a hypocrisy in that.

What Guys Said 20

• Ugly guys have an Ace up their sleeve. That is power, fame, and money. If a man has that, it doesn't matter how good looking he is, he will get a fairly attractive woman. However, men, generally, value physical appearance in a woman. Thus, "ugly" women are at a disadvantage. They, generally, will have to find a man who is at the bottom of the barrel.

• "Why do ugly guys expect attractive women?"

The better question is why do bitter, self-entitled and judgmental women think they deserve anything more than the least attractive man?

• That's guys for you. They don't have a lot of standards but what they do have is a clear preference for beautiful women.

That's why it's important for a woman to stay in shape. Doesn't have to be perfect because a woman can accumulate to 30% of body fat and still look okay for most guys.

For face and head, consult a stylist. From clothings that matches your body to make up and hair styling. You will want that look. Guys tend to notice a shapely dressed woman more (after they get pass the boobs and asses check).

• im not fat, im small... Im a 90's build in the Kim K era. smh... The issue with make up is it doesn't change facts. it is lipstick on Mona Lisa... She is still plain. lol

• Hahaha get a stylist then. These people get paid to make people look good. These people can work miracles. You think those people on TV don't have make up? They do or they would be very ugly.

There are about 3/10 people having a natural born beauty. The rest of them just got a stylist.

There are beautiful and there are striking. If you can't look pretty then you can look striking.

• Pick better looking guys who are either unemployed or in low-paying jobs. They're the ones who'll have dealt with the same criticism you have, and who'll likely be less critical because they'll understand.

• Can you accept them, in spite of them being 'bums' in dead-end jobs or 'wasters' who're finding it hard to get employment? Or would you still reject them, complain about them, and expect to get a guy with a salary of $50 grand or more? Because if you can, then most of them'll accept you just as easily. And if you can't, then you'll understand what's going through these ugly guys' heads when they're rejecting you on account of "expecting better".

• Ah-hem. You're welcome for MY level-headed response, which DID attempt to understand your point of view. And I have no idea what all of the rest of that was about- I can only assume that you weren't referring to me. But it'd be nice to get a bit of clarification, and acknowledgement...

• First, most of them don't.

Second, women care less about looks than men, or, rather, for the vast majority of men, looks are not a viable route for attracting women. In that sense, ugly men are in the same boat as non-ugly men.

• I think your approach is essentially correct, but the guys are just too immature and indoctrinated by society to think clearly about what's important in life and love.

• Problem is the below average to below average girls have a hard time finding relationships and for men it's casual sex

The average to above averrage men are getting casual sex and for women they seem to find relationships

• Some people, even in misery, remain deluded and close-minded.

• Lol so you're bitter because not even ugly guys like you? Oh boy xD

• Yes, UGLY guys. Like tf? I don't expect a stud, but dear lord I wouldn't fuck him either.

• Because if I pay for an attractive woman for an hour I expect an attractive woman for an hour. Seriously though I know of no guy on Earth (attractive or not) that prefers an ugly woman and most don't settle for one, nor should they, they are better off staying single if they can't get what they actually want (unfortunately it took me 30 years to realize this). Guys want hot women and not the ugly ones while their own ugliness/hotness isn't even a factor in the equation, it's as simple as that.

• I guess I get it, but I don't consider it settling... I guess I should demand Thor and treat average men as disposable. Shit everyone else applies for jobs they don't qualify for.

• in my opinion the woman who doesn't adhere to society's beauty standards are hotter theyre more fun freaks in the sheets and know how to have fun hot chicks are boring and come with baggage but it comes down to your attitude and your mind set i say i agree with Larry the cable guy i love me a sassy fat chick and also personally i love flat chested women also skinny is cute too fuck looks come at me with your mind and you attitude thats what gets me interested lol

• They do?
    I had not noticed.

• The more important wuestion is, What guy wouldn't want attractive women?

• false... that is not the question. Why do they think a hot girl would want them? Unless he has money it never happens.

• True, that is a question. Regardless do hot women want them or not, men still desire good looking women.

• Because I'm only pretending to be ugly so you'll tell me I'm not hehe

• because i think im attractive and im great as a whole package. Females tend to disagree with my opinion about myself. And with that it looks like ugly guy is expecting attractive woman.

• hahhahaha... what kinda question is that... thats like asking how an ant can pick anything 10 times its weight...

• What kind of idiotic fuckery is this? The shit you are on is far too good. Please put it down.

• I do the same thing. it's just a depressing stage of growing up where you lower your expectations.

• because they have more money than you.

• plus, if you won't go for them, there will probably be some poor girl that will.
      that's life. fair no, but this is how things are.

• "The most unappealing guys STILL expect a near perfect 10."

I'm sorry but this is just wrong. The most unappealing guys DO NOT expect a beautiful woman. They may want one but they sure don't expect one. It's no different than women who want a doctor for a mate. Of course they do, but most do not expect one.

You just sound bitter, really.

• You wern't bullied much were you?

• I was pretty much always the biggest guy in class so I've never been bullied. Nobody ever got bullied when I was around.

• Makes sense how you think about it but you're right, a lot of these guys still want what they can't normally get, raising your standards won't help you any but maybe try regular and average guys and see

• Or an older guy like me

• haha... older guys do tend to come after me. I never knew if that was a good thing, or not. Mom told me that they just like a younger wet hole. She knew of a girl who married an older guy who was very good to her though. Sadly he died, but he did leave her all of his assets.

• Well that's one advantage, lol but I don't have a lot, I think us older guys are more realistic and of course do like younger women but it's many things and not just sex , they are more fun and have less baggage and the sex is great too

What Girls Said 2

• it's human nature to want what we can't have.

• everybody wants good