My boyfriends friends hate me and I dont know how I can deal?

My boyfriend is best friends with a group of very interesting guys. Love booze sex and parties... they think theyre the cast of a teen movie I swear. I was friends with these guys before i dated my boyfriend and once we dated they started to think the worst of me. They think im crazy and kill all the fun. Some even tell me to my face. I already was uneasy over how they are absolutely disgusting pigs over woman. They only care about sex and most have cheated on their girlfriends, which now they dont have. They always party and get wasted, and even if they do normal things like video games they still HAVE to get drunk. The one has a beach house and when i came with my boyfriend recently they were actually mad bc i didn't bring "whores to bang." I try my hardest to get along with them and put their negativity towards me aside and disgusting ways but it never works we always butt heads. we all planned to drive to florida for spring break and the one kid whos condo we were going to stay at literally said he didn't want me there and it should be "guys only." The other told me the more i act "crazy" the more my boyfriend will want to cheat! Even though he would never its still messed up to say. My boyfriend never really sticks up for me and he claims he will for now on. Me and my boyfriend do everything together and now i feel like i really can't speak to his friends again after they pretty much said they dont want me around and that my boyfriend would cheat. What do i do?

75

Most Helpful Guy

• You cure yourself from addiction to trash and leave all them behind (including your current bf), or you become more like them.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is crazy, I swear, I would go freaking Tsunami on them, who in the hell do they think they are? HOLLY crap hold my earrings girl !!!
    No seriously, they have NO right to be like that towards you, and your boyfriend should MAN up and protect you if he is serious, if not then you honestly are in a wrong place to be, those guys are still immature little pricks.

Just distance yourself from the whole situation and try to speak up more, don't let them run over you like that... holly crap I swear, my folks don't have the courage to talk like that to me... WOAH I just got mad as hell

• Yeah I definitely did get angry. They make my blood boil!

• You my darling are too patient, trust me, it might be because I'm italian and my temper is high as fk... trust me distance yourself, don't ruin your precious nerves with those people... and your boyfriend better understand or he better be gone or I make sure of that... -_- imma take a plane man

What Guys Said 4

• the friends are simply just jealous that h has a girlfriend and they do not. They might feel as if you're taking him away from them.

honestly just don't pay attention to them because your boyfriend seems happy and would chose you over them.

• They're probably just afraid you will take him away from them
    Nah they seem like jerks, best tell yo man to stand up for you

• So why do you keep try to get along with them? Medium fingers up and see you all never :D !

• Bros before hoes. If i was your boyfriend, i would have told you to fuck off.

What Girls Said 6

• How old is your boyfriend? He may not be exact clones of his friends but who he surrounds himself with constantly does tell you a bit about his own morals and activities. If his best friends who he parties and does drugs with have no respect for women and often cheat , do you think there's a big chance he's much different? All of this on top of the fact that his friends insult you to your face and disrespect you and he does nothing will also tell you about him. He may seem like a nice guy or like he's different , but I wouldn't rush to assume that. how long have you guys been together?

• 21 im 19, and 2 years almost! A lot of arguments revolve around his friends. It gets super exhausting.

• I always think "you are who you hang with." My boyfriend pointed out i used to hang out with some not so classy girls when we started to date but i realized they were shitty people, not just bc of their sex life. I was always the same person while hanging with them but i disagreed with their morals. He thinks his friends are "guys being guys." Maybe im just too mature to be with him.):

• The fact that you're no longer friends with these people says a bit more then what he's implying. it would be one thing for him to be friends with guys who have all slept with many women in the past , but if their all known for cheating on spouses and being disrespectful to others , he probably doesn't disagree with their actions. him blaming their behavior on them being men also shows he finds their behavior normal because they're guys like him. It does seem like you're the more mature one here , especially after 2 years and still no more commitment or respect from him or his friends

• "Show me your friends and I'll show you your future." If he's okay with hanging out with people like that then it means he doesn't hold himself to a high enough standard and may one day stoop to their level and think it's normal. I would have chalked this up as him being immature for his age but I know of several men who still act like this in their late 20's. One of them just got divorced after he cheated on his partner of 5 years. Think about your life while you're still young.

• And its even harder because i can't make him choose his friends. Its like i either stay with him and am on edge that he may end up like them or end it. I can't wait around and hope he opens his eyes and finds new friends.

• I know you've asked yourself what he sees in them, but have you asked yourself what you see in him? Honestly it sounds like he's got some deeper issues, like with acceptance, or inadequacy. I can tell you care a lot about him but at the same time, you have to know when enough red flags is enough.

• This explains also why he may get defensive when you complain about his friends because he actually sees them as an extension of himself. If you push him hard enough he'll either wake up or continue into a spiral of bad choices from his own doing. Like I said, giving him an ultimatum is the route I would go if I were you.

• Drag him.

• U gotta ask ur boyfriend to stand up for u. Its as simple as that.

• Why would you want to spring break with all guys anyway?

• Who wouldn't want to go on vacation with a free place to stay?

• ignore them