Have you ever had an instant romantic connection with someone (like in the movies)?

There's been a bit of discussion here about Hollywood's version of romantic relationships the last couple of days. Someone made a comment about how people don't fall for each other like they do in the movies by bumping into each other "and then their eyes met." I was wondering if that's something Hollywood fabricated or if anybody has actually experienced it

Most Helpful Guy

• I fell in love with this girl on an amazing trip to Europe.
    the second I set eyes on her and we were both singing in the tour bus and looking into one another's eyes.
    From that moment we knew that we had to get to know eachother and that we had something special.
    We continued to flirt during the next 10 days and by the end of it were were madly in love and so we kept in touch when we got back home. 3 years later and I still haven't scared her off :)

• So are you guys dating now? Married? Or just really good friends? Also I loved your comment by the way.

• That's the best. Cherish the happy memories forever. Also good luck towards marriage if you can make it!

• Aaaw that's sweet. It's nice to know that happens to some people

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not fabricated. But the Hollywood like the rest of the world over-romanticize it and over spiritualize romantic love. There is no such thing as soulmate's as that is a Greek/Roman myth. There is no such thing as falling in love, as that is based on hormones and fleeting emotions. Real mature love is about choice and sacrifice. It is not all about you. Love doesn't force you to do something you don't want to do. BUT, there is such thing as instant attraction especially true for people who knows exactly what they want and need in a romantic partner. However, I just say that it's very rare to truly find that nowadays in a world who bases love on lust.

" Someone made a comment about how people don't fall for each other like they do in the movies by bumping into each other "and then their eyes met." " I cannot say I agree nor disagree with this. Yes, it often does sound make-believe, and it's true that movies over-exaggerate things, the same with people's stories. But who, knows. It may have been a reality to somebody. I always relationships are how you make it. You can make it a true love story or another version of '50 shades of Grey'. And others just 'goes with the flow' or what 'feel's good/right' to them. Often making terrible mistakes because instead of thinking critically, they choice to discard wisdom for 'follow your heart'.

• I tend to agree with most of your viewpoints on this site, including this one. I feel like it can happen to some people, but that it will never happen to most. Hollywood grabs onto things that are easy, improbable, and fantastical, so it makes sense to play up romance I'm this way as well

• That's the key thing. That is what Hollywood does because they know what is important to most people. And others sadly don't know how to gain that kind of love when it's really simple. But we tend to make it complicated.

What Guys Said 9

• I already felt instant interest (physical interest to be more specific), but not romantic connection.

• Happened once before. Whenever i kept an eye contact with her i just felt like DUDE i want to get to know you ! You need to be with me. And she just kept on looking at me the exact same wayso i think she was feeling that too i dont know. She has even tried to talk to me several times before but i just kept myself away from her so i really killed any chances w her - no regrets tho.

• I've actually experienced it with my first love! When first set eyes on each other in 2012, something in my brain clicked! I was hooked. Every time she gave me something when we ran into each other, before I could even read it, she would give me a hug every time! I loved her with all my heart, but in 2013, she started treating me like a yo-yo. I had enough after Valentine's Day in 2014.

• No. It is just hollywood bullshit. People who say they have experienced it, they experienced lust not love. Been there myself a few times.

• i once have a connection with a girl... she was incredibly sweet and polite and friendly and nice and caring. but i could not tell her that i like her. i was shy to tell that.

then, she died in 2013 of an intestinal problem. i went to see her to the hospital... she told me, "I'll be with you, always. ..."

and then she died...
    i cry when I think of her... so sad

• Mutual love at first sight! ❤️
    Unfortunately, she died... 😭

• wow... same :(

• @cross98 I'll always trust in God. I'd be lying if I said I was never frustrated with Him, but same goes for my family I love so much.

• Ya, I'm sure keeping my faith in God and her for so many years will pay off, and that not doing so would have ruined all those years.

• No, real life is never like the movies.

• Ya, her name was chastity and I fell in love with the way her hips moved and her tits bounced up on the stage. So I threw myself up on stage and she sat on my face for 5 whole dollars. It was just a regular Disney fairytale romance come to life.

• I definitely believe in infatuation at first sight. It has happened to me more than once. A crush can be powerful, and either cruel or wonderful or both. I think it can happen unexpectedly at any age, though you're more prone to it when you're younger.

That said, I don't believe in love at first sight. Real love includes romantic love—the sort where you're excited to do things that delight your partner, erotic love, which is more than just dispassionate fucking for the purpose of getting off, but the kind of sex that bonds you as a couple, and, importantly, self-sacrificial/familial love. I mean the kind where the other person's pain and joy are your pain and your joy—it's the kind where you could set aside your personal goals to make the relationship happen. That takes time to cultivate. The feelings of infatuation fade quickly once you get to know someone. If you know a person is good for you and you're still interested despite knowing him/her well (including the negatives)… then yeah… you might be in love. That's impossible with just a look.

• Those are pretty much my same views on it

Did it ever work out well when it happened to you?

• An infatuation? No, not in the long run. All my crushes ended in my eventual disinterest or heartbreak. While I'm married and in love, she was never an infatuation for me.

What Girls Said 9

• I've had an instant attraction emotionally to someone.

My boyfriend in 5th grade. We're together now. I felt initially emotionally attracted (not romantically because young.)

Though I do admit a lot of those cases are due to lust

• I'm going to say that counts. And that's very cute for being in 5th grade. It's great you're still together

• Yes... Actually my life have had many similarities with movies... Cause I used to be very romantic and believed in dreams and did everything to make them come true.

I had, all of my love stories would be great script for any movie.

• Yeah I did with my ex weirdly!

• Yes. It sucks. Now he's all I think about

• No but that would be nice

• Nope but I hope it happens to me someday

• yeah, but he died.

• Nope, I've like made eye contact and could tell that someone was into me but thats it

• no it takes time