How can I get him to stop talking with his ex?

My boyfriend is still friends with his ex. I cannot stand it anymore. When his other friends say something mean to me, he fights for me, even though I tell him not to. But when his ex says something he says that its none of his business. and for some reason I'm the one who is always getting blamed. I don't know why I can't break up with him though. I'm just angry and miserable. I need help...

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 13

• You can't make him do anything. You can only tell him how you feel, and if he doesn't change his behavior, then you can accept it or end the relationship. If he's blaming you for things that aren't your fault, then he's crazy, and you should definitely break up with him.

• if it truly bothers you that bad make him choose between you or his ex. That would solve all your problems, but may create new problems for him.

• He said he won't stop talking to her. So I guess he rather break up with me than to stop talking to her

• that you know of, not trying to start things, but if he still talking to her chances is he still hanging out with her. It is up to you. If this girl is really putting a rift in your relationship then this guy has to decide what is more important to him

• I want to tell you the truth. Honestly you're going to be hurt. You will hurt. You need to break it off. And it's going to suck a big fat D because this guy is your first.

• It won't change so you have a decision

• would breaking up be a good decision? I get blamed for that too, he'll say that he does everything for me and he does more with me than he does with her

• It's either leave or live with it and why do you give a fuck what he thinks? Just look at him with pouty lips and say in a baby tone "you poor wittle martyr"

• Umm, I think you really need to treat him kindly. Make him feel more important than his ex and I am sure he will forget her
    Do nice things like compliment but don't be fake
    Cook for him
    Keep him close and warm

• I have been. He's told me many times that I've treated him better

• You are still missing on something here. Recheck what you do and reflect what more can you do for him
      Don't leave his sight though otherwise he will probably fall apart from what I feel

• So if people say some thing to you he defends you but shit she says he don't are you communicating with her online or something?

• Tell him that it is very bothersome to you and IF he chooses to NOT change, inform him that he WILL be cut off until he cooperates with THIS request. And DO IT!

• Leave them to each other. There will always be chemistry and on a weak day their higher thought process will not supress the base human urge.

• Call him on it and if he doesn't change leave

• You are jealous of her.
    Maybe with good reason, maybe without.
    I'd bet on the latter, lol

• You don't that's the thing

• If he can't leave his ex alone- maybe there's more to it than meets the eye. Dump him. x

• Don't tell a man what to do, you will push him away instead

• Always beware people who are still friends with ex's or have best friends of the opposite sex that aren't gay. Just saying

• They're cheating aren't they?

• That's my personal experience. That or she's got feeling for him in some way that inhibits your relationship from growing

What Girls Said 6

• I'd be extremely mad if I were you as well. You should either accept the fact that they are talking or you should move on. You have already discuss it with him and he is not willing to listen. Either make him choose, or break up, or start talking to your ex as well in order to give him a taste of his own poison (terrible advice, but I'd do it).

• You can't MAKE him do or not do anything, you can only decide whether you're willing to put up with it or not.

• Tell him if he can't respect ur decision of him not talking to his ex then he can't be with u anymore. It's not worth it.

• You need to tell him how much it bothers you and if you meant something to him, he would respect your relationship and stop talking to her.

• Become a Spartan woman, alpha bitch, and get in touch with your feminine grace and power. Leave his ass! You are the prize. His friends disrespecting you and him still being friends with the ex means he has no respect for you. He teaches his friends how to treat you by what he tells them. Same with the ex. And you get blamed for what? That is your cue this son of a bitch doesn't and will not respect you bc you haven't respected yourself to leave. Get some self love, that's all you need, not him! But if you want him to stay, self love first, Spartan up, and teach him with your actions how he needs to treat you.

• Don't tell him what to do with your mouth. That gets you no where. You teach him by how you treat and love yourself to not put up with things. If you need books, there's plenty on Kindle that teach how to be an alpha bitch, Spartan up, and self love.

• tell him u don't like it