Do I have a chance with her or should I give up?

So I've been friends with this girl for most of my life. I've known from middle school to university. We're good friends and share a lot in common but I've developed feelings for her. She broke up with her long time boyfriend a few months back and I thought this would give me a chance. However, she said that now that she's free she has no intention of dating for a long while and only wants casual encounters (with both genders) at the most. So each time i've suggested one on one hangouts she always suggests bringing friends and classmates. Also she tends to tell me about guys flirting with her and girls she finds attractive. She even joked about races to see who can lay a girl first. Heck, I think she's even losing interest in me as a friend. Because when I talk to her now our conversations are a lot shorter and somewhat awkward. And she's always the one that ends them. And for the last few weeks at school she just stares and smiles at me from a distance. Occasionally, starting a brief chat when we pass each other in the hall.

23

Most Helpful Girl

• She said she doesn't want anything serious, and wants to experiement with girls. If you want a fling go for it, but if you want a relationship leave it.
    Maybe she thinks you may like her but isn't sure so she feels awkward. Like she doesn't want you to ask her out so that she has to reject you (because as she said she don't want nothing serious) or she doesn't want to be like i'm not interested and have you call her conceded or something.

Most Helpful Guy

• She's not interested dude, she sees you as a gay friend

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should leave it for now. She doesn't want a relationship with anyone at all so it's best to just move on.

What Guys Said 2

• just tell her ffs

• How tall are you?