Depression at 24?

Im almost 25 and i feel so depressed about it. I feel like im running out of time, at the age 30 i want children, build some kind of life but i feel like i should just give up on my dreams... ain't happening, i also have shitty friends, party friends but thats it.

210

Most Helpful Guy

• your coming into your own , its normal and your way if life is starting to develop into something that more you. it might seem odd but things will chnage and you will loose/gain friends as you get older depending on how you life begins developing more. but your just starting out so dont worry about the depression thing.

that will pass eventually just enjoy what comes your way old and new alike

Most Helpful Girl

• You should understand something, there is no CORRECT AGE at doing something, our lifes are not PLANED, we are not supposed to predict what will happen with us.
    I'm 28, I still don't have kids, I have a job and I work 8 hours a day, I met my boyfriend when I was your age and we're still together, I don't OWN my dream house and garden that I planed on having when I was your age, When i was your age I also thought the same, but TODAY i think : IT'S AMAZING THE WAY IT IS
    I don't regret a thing, I'm not in a hurry, I'm enjoying life, and I honestly don't give a bloody damn about what people have to say ;)

Enjoy your life don't plan it that's all <3

What Guys Said 9

• if you're unhappy with where you're at in life then do something about it.

what good will complaining do.

• You can do it, find new people to hang out with come up with a strategy for your dreams, abandon all your luxeries for a time. they're likely holding you back. What are your dreams? Nothing's unattainable and 25 may be a depressing start, it's far from too late

• I was diagnosed with clinical depression since I was like 7 so don't let it run you. just need to focus on yourself and then look for someone.

• my life is even worse than you...
    and trust me you cannot be more depressed than me...

• that's not terribly helpful. Depression isn't a contest. Not real depression anyway.

• facepalm. well dorian_onix he's all yours

• hahaha didn't get through I guess. find a depression support group, this is a gender place

• your age status says 36-45... just saying... try to connect with the spiritual aspect of your existence. it is the age of information so doing research might be a lot easier than it was in the past you might find like minded people and possibly find another person who shares your goals not to mention the truth to your existence which is the greatest realization of all.

• I think you need to develop new contacts... socializing with other people... internet will help you finding them. Just follow your natural passions and met people with common interests.

• tell us more about your other goals. maybe once you get into your cause or career or other goal, the right person with similar interests will be there waiting for you. you'll have a lot of common ground instead of it being some random person

• don't script your life live it.

• I got depressions too you can message me if you want to talk about

What Girls Said 1

• You are still young and are not running out of time. Stop comparing your life to others because thats it where this is stemming from. Everyone moves at different pace in their lives. And cut off anybody that are toxic in your life, you do need that in your life. Believe me, their negativity rubs off on you. I never hung out with females who were so vain and superficial. Never cared for the females that were into labels or did not add substance in my life.