Dating someone with a large family: how is it?

The guy I'm talking has a family of eight, and it bothers my mom. She doesn't want me to date or marry someone with a large family due to experience. But I don't know. He makes me happy. But how is it though? Are they involved in your relationship?

42

Most Helpful Guy

• My wife has everything, 7 siblings (some of them step or half-siblings) her mom has been divorced and widowed, getting a third husband now. I worried about the same things but we're 10 years strong (met in high school) and she's as dedicated as ever.

• Aw. Are the siblings involved or?

• mostly not actually. besides the two youngest trapped at home she's the only one close to mom. everybody else never calls anyone else

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, they always have a say in your relationship. And when the two of you have disagreements or arguments he will go back and tell his family about it. And trust me, they will have a say in that also. I have dated a guy with a large family and it was a headache for me. Family was always in our lovelife.

What Guys Said 1

• Wonderful it's like dating an entire family full of issues and unique issues like becoming a real family

What Girls Said 3

• It is not fair that your mom has to actually think that way, and think FOR YOU, she seriously doesn't have to care about how large a family is if they treat you good.
    Treating you good is what matters most, remember, quality over quantity ;) your mom better understand...

Good luck <3

• TBH I think it would be fun to date someone with a big family.
    You get a whole other group of siblings that care about you and stuff. I don't know I don't really see anything too off putting about it.

• I dated a guy with 4 siblings that all had children (some our age). It was a bit of a headache because whenever I did something wrong he would always fall back and tell his family, earning me many dirty looks in class and at school football games. It seemed everything I did his family had to get their opinion heard, and it just was not that great.