I only like good looking guys. What should I do?

My first boyfriend was good looking. I don't know if that's the reason why but I want to date only good looking guys.
I can't help myself from frendzoning average guys. I like them as people when they have good personalities but I never feel like dating or having any physical interaction with them.
However when I even just look at or talk with good looking guys, I often have some romantic feelings for them.

But I'm just average looking so only average ones approach me. It's really hard for me to date good looking guys.
So what should I do?
How can I lower my standard for appearance?

221

Most Helpful Guy

• YOU ARE SUCH A SLUT OMG! WOMAN LIKE YOU ARE EVIL POISON TO THE WORLD! WHAT IS WRONG WITH NICE GUYS! I HATE YOU! KEEP DOING THAT AND YOU WILL END UP ALONE AND SAD AND MISERABLE FOREVER!

hahahahah xD

all jokes aside, just approach guys you like. it's really not hard. you see a guy, like him, attracted to his physical traits? talk to him.

Most Helpful Girl

• don't lower your standats everybody likes good looking guys

What Guys Said 20

• It's nothing wrong to be picky. I'm also picky and it's very difficult to lowering your standard. I wouldn't recommend you to do that. You've to be attracted or it's pointless. If you wants a hot guy and they doesn't start talking with you, you should talk with them. Be confident and yourself. You may get some rejection, but after trying you may get a good result.

• Don't lower your standards, just work on yourself so that people will like you for you. It's not weird that you only feel like dating good looking guys, you find them attractive and your instincts draw you to them, simple as that. It's lust at play.

• attraction is a biological function. the primal woman is seeking out the best genes for reproduction. the top criteria is symmetry of body and face, so more symmetrical faces and better dancers are usually assumed best for the species. every animal does it, even if they say they dont.

• a more baffling criteria is that similarities to yourself in appearance are considered attractive, yet pheromones of people more genetically distant than you smell more attractive. more diverse children have antibodies to more diseases is supposed to be the reason.

• I don't mean to mock you or anything but how does one define good looking. like the guy may have been hideous but good-looking to you. You should just concentrate on what YOU want, not what YOU want to show off. Look at a guy who is decent looking and has much more to say than the "goodlooker". Looking good is a great Plus point but what do you do after? If you can't even maintain a conversation and he can't even be there for your or understand you. Maybe give those friendzoned fools a chance xD

• While some amount of attraction is necessary in romance, you are simply putting too much value on the wrong things. Obviously your parents didn't cultivate an ability to appreciate and evaluate the non-physical aspects of a man.

You will most likely have a lot of hard lessons to learn in the coming years.

• I do appreciate non physical aspects!
      I just like nice guys as "friends"

• You like what you like, don't lower your standards. I predict you won't have a very happy social life but maybe you'll get lucky and fond the right one. Remember this though. Statistically you've peaked, you will need to work harder every year to stay even

• don't wait for them to approach you, approach them yourself. You don't have to walk up to a random stranger and say "excuse me i find you attractive and want to date you"

When you notice a hot guy just walk up and say something like "excuse me i noticed your shirt/shoes/pants/hat/watch/etc and was wondering where you got it I'd love to get that for my dad/brother" and then be a little flirty

that's what i do

• Are you as hot as possible given your genetics?

• You may find yourself taking a second look at guys after you know them better. You may find that a guy who is not so beautiful is always making you laugh, plays killer guitar (or whatever), and suddenly his appearance is not so important.

• But I don't feel like having physical interaction. If a guy has really great personality, i just want to be his best friend

• These things have a way of changing. I rejected women for the stupidest reasons in my twenties, but now those things don't seem important at all.

• So what matters you a lot in your twenties and now?

• Wow you seem like the only woman who is like that wow that's really something hmmmmm? what a huge mystery. Is that what you wanted to hear you special little snowflake?

• This is normal. The only difference between you and every other girl is you are just open to admit it while the others want to seem nice and not shallow. You really can't change who you find attractive. Just find a good looking guy.

• That's fine, i feel like that too.

But you have no right to complain on not being wanted, any guy being worth your time or bullshit like that, you're the picky one.
    And don't comment much about it, it sounds really bad.

• If your standards are unreasonably high then there is no shame in lowering them.

• It's called being shallow.

• Even if I like nice guys as my good friends?

• It's nothing wrong with being picky. I'm picky myself. I'd rather be single and picky than being together with a person I'm not sexual attracted to.

• First, check the mirror. Second , check it again. What do you see? Is it time for reality check? It is never going to be a perfect world so guess who HAS to change? RRIIIGHT!

• LMFAO

• Your options may be extremely limited... most good looking guys already have girlfriends!!

• That is so true
      Do you lower your standard when you find your girlfriend?

• Be happy.

• You should prepare for douchebags.

• I'm in the same situation with girls. I don't know if I'm limiting myself. I mean great personality is a must too. But I have this certain look I'm so attracted to. I can't help it

• Can you describe the certain look that you like? Just my curiosity

• Oh yeah of course they're not gonna wear those clothes exactly. And they don't have to. And nooo way I don't like the model type. I would just say I'm average. I have a buzz cut which is only appealing to some girls. Not heaps like it. I think at the end of the day we have to be open minded and not limit ourselves to one specific look. We just have to try our best to find the one and be the one for them too. We will probably end up with someone who looks completely different to what we have in mind lol

• And of course personality is just as important. They could look a million dollars but if their personality was lousy then that's not gonna work either

What Girls Said 1