Girls, How long should a guy wait to message a girl back?

When a girl messages a guy back (e. x: On Facebook) should he wait a few days to contact her back? I've heard girls say, guys who message back really quickly with super long texts is kind of a turn-off. I try to minimize my conversations so it keeps the convo going but I don't want to seem like a guy who messages her back right away, is that good or bad?

4

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate that this is even a thing that needs to be asked. Why can't things just be simple. If you're interested, just reply.

I always reply back at least within an hour. Girls understand that you can't always be available/at your phone, but if its been more than half a day, I get the impression you're not interested.

• Judging by the answers by different girls, everyone has their own take of what they think is good and bad. Me personally, I don't mind texting back and forth, if a girl texts me back within an hour I am not going to think "omg she is soo needy". I feel the only girls who think this way are girls who still want to have fun with their girlfriends every weekend, have a guy friend who she likes but not get too serious. I can't be with girls like that, I understand women want to break glass ceilings and barriers for themselves and be more independent and I am all for that. When I was in my early 20s it was hard to understand what girls meant but as I got older I try not to waste my time on certain girls even if she is pretty.

What Girls Said 3

• I prefer people to message back as soon as they get it or as soon as they can. If they take ages to reply it makes me think they don't care

• If you don't want to seem desperate a good wait time is 3 to 5 minutes.

• i wait three - four days usually

• Wow, 3 or 4 days? What if the guy messages you and says, are you mad at me? where are you? or something along those lines... do you respond back or do you get annoyed?

• thanks

• Is it ok if I add you on here?