Is this bad for dating a guy?

So, I hate eating in restaurants. They make me uncomfortable and I know for certain when my crush asks me out he'll take me to a restaurant. Is it bad for dating?
Should I tell him? or should I just do it? What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow, I've never encountered this type of thing before. I think some guys might take that as a wonderful thing.

Perhaps you could suggest a picnic with food prepared from the both of you?

There's also the idea of eating at one of your places, but that might seem forward.

Definitely I think it's a nice idea to talk about in advance. It could lead to some creative dating ideas that you both really enjoy so that you're not all uncomfortable in a restaurant.

• Oh wow xD but I thought about that second one but yeah it seems too soon. We don't know each other that well yet. I just can't think of something that would be private but like romantic.

• [...] it was a couple hours wasted with minimal interaction.

Any type of show or theater is one I hate for first dates because of it. I like the freedom to talk and move about to some degree, don't like being trapped in two seats looking at something until we've become fairly close and affectionate already.

• Ohh yeah. I agree. That's no fun. Especially for a first date.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, you can talk it out to him for sure.! Maybe he can make some other arrangements.! You certainly don't have to put yourself in an uncomfortable situation.

• Thank you. I've never been on a date before and I feel like that a restaurant is how most people do it and it kind of terrified me lol

• That's alright..! Just inbox me.! I could probably help you

• ok thanks!

What Guys Said 6

• from what i have heard from women my age they always order but dont eat much by acting like there full and give there food to the guy. lol not sure if thats a good idea in case your really hungry or something lol.

but thats something i have heard some girls do.

• why? is it because they're nervous? I actually love food so I doubt I'd give it to him xD If in have butterflies it will make me nauseous though.

• Oh I and ok. Thanks for the advice :)

• your welcome

• Just ask for something else or tell him that your not comfortable in a restaurant. Honestly I'm not comfortable in restaurants either. I'll ask a girl out Of ask her to somewhere else. Try suggesting that your two get it to go and hang at your house. e

• we kinda don't know each other that well yet so I wouldn't wanna go to either of our houses.

• Well then try going to a park for a picnic. A near by lake.

• Ok. thanks :)

• No worries, if its ment to be he will respect your wishes.
    Personally i'd want you to be comfortable especially on the first date. So if you told me restaurants are not really your thing i'd propose something more active.

• Do you hate eating in restaurants in general or you hate them during dates? It is pretty common that people don't like restaurant dates because you have to watch the other person eat. I wouldn't say it is a bad thing at least in my opinion.

• in general. I don't like to be around a bunch of people and I don't like people watching me eat. Its just very uncomfortable.

• yeah I didn't think of that. thank uou2

• you*

• Tell him that you don't want go out in restaurant to eat cause you have chronic anxiety. Or that restaurants make you have panic attacks.

• so lie? XD

• thank you :)

• You're Welcome :)

• you can tell him, but offer an alternative so he's not too taken aback with no backup plan.
    Be like, I think you might wanna take me to a restaurant but they make me uncomfy, how about we do xyz instead?

What Girls Said 2

• There is nothing wrong with telling him how you feel about the resturaunts, maybe suggest another place and compromise where the two of you want to go.

• Thanks. I just don't want him to be upset or anything like if he had it all planned out.

• If he likes you back it will, I know that feeling where you just get happy when he's around or just want to talk to him, but I would do what I said earlier and see how things go. You don't want to push the guy away.

• yes :") and no I don't. I'll just let him set the pace.

• Go somewhere else. Have him take you mini golfing or whatever. You should be honest with him from the start. If it makes you uncomfortable then don't go because you will be uncomfortable the whole night and not be focused on him

• Oooh! I didn't think of mini golf. That's another good idea and yes, you're absolutely right. Thank you :)